we’ve been tracking with kraken and their API development… just got this in an email:
We are excited to announce the WebSockets Public API is live!!
- API Documentation: https://www.kraken.com/en-us/help/websocket-api
- FAQs: https://support.kraken.com/hc/en-us/articles/360022326871-Public-WebSockets-API-common-questions
- Ready to Code? Here is an example Python: https://github.com/krakenfx/kraken-wsclient-pyCheers,
- A client connection lives only for 60 seconds if no subscription made.
- Do check the health of your WebSocket client by constantly checking the “heartbeat” message approximately every 1-2 second
Asset pairs used for subscription should be ‘/’ separated. For example, ‘XBT/USD’
Facing issues, do tell us your “connectionID” mentioned in the systemStatus message example below. It might help in diagnosis.
You can always send a “ping” to check if connection is live. You will receive a “pong” in return.
Our API team is here to help so make sure to report issues or share feedback!