Ledger Nano S: Where to buy?

I have been using paper wallet, but am looking to get a hardware wallet for: (1) long-term security, (2) adoption of segwit technology, and (3) ease of future coin forking. Admittedly, I have been avoiding getting a hardware wallet because it is mostly dominated by Ledger and Trezor, which is why the price is still relatively steep. But I’m getting to the point where the 3 reasons above far outweigh my previous considerations.

I am based in the US, and my questions are:

1. Where to buy Ledger Nano S?
  2. What is the best deal? Promo code (not affiliate)

Obviously, I have looked into Amazon.com, which has a wide range of prices depending on who the 3rd-party sellers are. Did you guys buy it from “Amazon.com with Amazon as seller”, or “Amazon 3rd party seller”, or from the official Ledger website?

Cheers for any info and feedback.

1 Like

I buy mine thru Amazon. It’s just easy.

2 Likes

3rd party seller, or shipped and sold by Amazon?

1 Like

Sold by amazon. Fast.

1 Like

I bought one from https://allthingsdecentral.com. I’m Canadian, and they have cheap shipping options. For a coupon, put the item in your cart and enter your informations, but don’t process paiement. They will send you 2 reminders. The second reminder contains a coupon.

I verified with Ledger (on Twitter), and they are official resellers.

4 Likes

bought my trezor 3 days ago, arrived today :smiley:

2 Likes

http://cryptohwwallet.com/

1 Like

Bought mine direct from France… muchos deniro in shipping to Canada.

4 Likes

I too bought mine from Ledger at Ledgerwallet.com based out of France. No problems and it arrived within 7 or 8 days.

3 Likes

Amazon and the ledger website.

1 Like

Get it direct from the ledger site. They ship from France. Yes, the shipping costs are slightly steep but minor for the overall peace of mind you get. This is your hard earned money at stake, Dont take any risks with potential resales selling tampered ledger nano s. Just my two cents. But Amazon will suffice as well

2 Likes

Just bought on Amazon.ca for under $100 CAD (on sale).

2 Likes

I ran into a guy selling these at a local meetup group in Atlanta.

Christopher Flinders of protectingcoin.com. I am not endorsing him but he seemed earnest and interested in creating and projecting honesty and the desire to help the community.

Look him up on Google. If you contact them let him know that someone noticed that he is trying to help.

@peter let me know if this mention is inappropriate for the group.

2 Likes

Haha awesome advice!

1 Like

i am in Germany and seem to get a slightly better price directly on ledgerwallet.com. 10€ cheaper than amazon. They sometimes have promo´s runnning too, but none at the moment as far as i know. maybe there is something coming before christmas :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can someone confirm? Are we supposed to be seeing a new receiving address for every transaction on the Nano S?

1 Like

Yep ! I confirm ! I use the Ledger Nano S since june : you have a new receiving address for every transaction BUT you can still use an “old” address if needed. For exemple, I use the same address for all my Genesis Mining transactions. All your address are totalized in the wallet.

For Black Friday, you have 21% OFF on Ledger official website :
Ledger Nano S - The multi-currency hardware wallet

4 Likes

@Nikaia Thanks for the hint, i was waiting for a discount to get mine :smiley:

2 Likes

Yes, this is such perfect timing! Before Black Friday, it was so difficult finding a deal on Ledger Nano S, especially with retailers selling them at a VERY wide range of prices. Now, this is just a no-brainer!

3 Likes

Just bought one today and took advantage of that Black Friday discount thanks guys!

1 Like

💰 YEN · YouTube ·️ YEN.CAMP 🧠