Ledger Nano S will not connect to app

I recently put some Bitcoin on my new Ledger Nano S.

Two days ago I wanted to move it to an exchange and tried connecting to my computer (Mac) through the Chrome extension. However, my Nano will not connect. The app does not even see it. I have tried restarting my computer, re-installing the apps, and resetting my Nano (I hope I did not loose my Bitcoin).

I have to say, I am very frustrated with Ledger tech support as I have explained this very clearly to them and got back instructions on how to get it working on my Windows machine??? Didn’t I say Mac?

Anyway, is there anyone with any idea on how to get this working?

Thank you!!!

Found the solution!

I did not realize that I had to use the Ledger provided cable. Just happened to find it in my bag and gave it a try. It connected. So now I know…it has to be a ledger cable!

1 Like

Change the usb cable
If you’re developing smart contracts close all ports in terminal connected to any network

1 Like

Yes, I have tried this. Still no connection. Very odd.

1 Like

Sometimes the old nintendo trick works…

Blow real hard into the cable and port… lulz… no. but seriously.1MYGMlL

2 Likes

Which app did you use for Bitcoin? There is a version for Mac OS (no the Chrome version).

Also, you need to check whether you have enabled “browser access” in the Bitcoin app (inside the Ledger Nano S). That would prevent the app from showing the balance in your Mac.

2 Likes

Tried that. Nothing.

When I plug it in to my computer, it does ask me to enter my pin code. I do that and nothing happens.

The app just says, “To begin, connect your Ledger Wallet. If asked, enter your PIN code to unlock you device.”

I enter the pin code and the device unlocks but does not connect or sync.

1 Like

Are you using the Chrome app to access the Leger Nano S?

There has been an firmware update for the Ledger Nano S this week. You might need to update your firmware first: https://www.ledger.fr/2018/03/06/new-firmware-update-1-4-1-available-for-the-nano-s/

It is possible the Chrome app got updated automatically in your chrome browser.

(You can PM me if you want to share more information if you want. It is better for your privacy.)

1 Like

The only app I see on the Ledger site is the Chrome extension. This is what I originally used.

Because I tried resetting my device, the Bitcoin wallet is no longer on it. I used my 24 words phrase to reset it.

I do not see anywhere now to change the “browser access”. Before I had reset it I tried “Yes” and “No” on the browser access many times.

Where can I find the Mac OS app?

1 Like

Thanks. I did see that there is an update. However, if my Ledger will not connect I cannot do the update.

BTW, new to this site. How do I PM on it?

1 Like

Are you saying you don’t see the Bitcoin app inside the Ledger nano S?

You need to install it once from this app: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/ledger-manager/beimhnaefocolcplfimocfiaiefpkgbf?hl=en

1 Like

The problem I am having is that even the Ledger Manager will not connect. Ugh!

1 Like

I just PMed you. Please check.

1 Like

There could be a chance that your chrome app or chrome browser is corrupted. Do you have a second PC? Try it there to verify.

1 Like

I have tried it on my other Mac. Same issue.

1 Like

Did you try to launch the ledger manager app and install the bitcon app?

1 Like

Yes. It will not connect to the Ledger Manager. The Ledger Manager does not even see it.

This is a new Ledger. I have only had it for about a week. It is not damages and has not been near water or anything that would damage it internally.

2 Likes

Try MEW to connect. Does that work? Ledger manager doesn’t see Ledger if the browser support/smart contract support is ON.

1 Like

Does the ledger show up on device manager when connected to the computer?

1 Like

Ok, got it working.

I did not realize that I had to use the Ledger provided cable. Just happened to find it in my bag and gave it a try. It connected. So now I know…it has to be a ledger cable!

1 Like

I suggest you write the solution into your first comment.
I see the first answer was your solution :rofl:

1 Like

💰 YEN · DCTV ·️ Bitcoin Lambo · 10 Days of Bitcoin ·️ CEO's Brainpan 🧠