Looking for a new gaming laptop

Hello guys!
I know this is off topic from mining, but I didn’t know who else to ask other than the bitcoin pub.
I need some recommendations for a gaming laptop. Don’t worry about the budget. Just want something that’ll last a while. So far, from my research I have found that the best gaming laptops are between the Asus Rog G701Vi and the Aorus?

Helpppppppp

1 Like

Any particular reason why you want a gaming laptop instead of a desktop?

1 Like

I’m always on the move haha I have a mid-par desktop but I feel like its just collecting dust… lol… So, I want to sell it and get a laptop. Just found the Razer Blade pro? any thoughts?

1 Like

I would definitely stay away from Razer, their products cheaply made and are overpriced. I would look at ASUS, ACER or MSI for gaming laptops. That ASUS ROG G701Vi looks pretty good, if your not worried about price.

1 Like

Unfortunately when answering a question like this the answer is primarily based on personal preference.

I would definitely stay away from Razer, their products cheaply made and are overpriced

I woudl totally disagree with that statement as i have several “Razer” based pieces of equipment, Keyboard, Mouse and keypad, all of which are very well made and i have had no issue with them… although i would agree they are expensive. On the other hand i would also say that ASUS… is the definition of cheap, ACER… still cheap… ( isn’t Asus the cheaper version of Acer anyway ? ) both my personal option obviously.

I would suggest the following when looking, if your into gaming you will know why

GTX based graphics card… 1070, 1080, etc ( not going to be cheap )
Solid State Drive - large as possible… maybe consider a hybrid for storage
i7 CPU
16 Gb RAM
Decent quality screen ( 17" ) this makes for a large laptop but you want quality and performance not small and light… i presume

That’s it really… the ONLY other thing that sets one manufacture apart form others is good support… when your spending good money on a gaming spec laptop… if it goes wrong you need support and a good warranty… Dell for example… on higher spec machines have great warranty support… ACER or ASUS… good luck basically ! can’t comment on Razer as my stuff hasn’t broken…

Hope that helps… at the end of the day all the components are from the same place, Intel etc… all the “goodies” otherwise known as bloatware… would get uninstalled anyway… so it comes down to the list above … and cool factor… don’t forget it needs to look cool…:sunglasses:

Merry Xmas…

1 Like

dang thanks alot bro! yea i wasnt sure because i only use razer keyboards and mice as well haha what do you personally think about the razer blade pro? I love how its the only gaming laptop with 4k so far with 1080 and the new intel i7 series

1 Like

ASUS isn’t cheap and the two companies here are not related. I think the relationship you are looking for is ASRock is the cheaper version of ASUS (not a 100% sure on this though). ASUS has always been high end gaming especially with their ROG product line. So to say they are the definition of cheap would be to say the same about Razer. Disclosure I am very biased towards ASUS as for the past 10 years every PC I have built or laptop purchased has been primarily ASUS.

Last year I did branch out and purchased two MSI gaming laptops one for my brother and one for the queen. Mainly for budget reasons got them onsale. Both have done great and would purchase again.

@pigsfoot suggestions on spec’s is spot on. I would move HDD/SSD to the bottom of the list as you can add additional storage in most cases. I almost always upgrade the HDD’s later down the road. I would look at getting an IPS display and not a TN panel. They have richer colors to me and I do not play competitive FPS games so I am not worried about the difference is response times of the screen would rather have a better picture.

2 Likes

I just bought this one using Bitcoin from Newegg.

2 Likes

I ended up getting the gt73evr titan
haha only if you told me sooner…!!!
how did you pay with bitcoin on newegg? I didnt see that option so i had to ask a friend and paid him in bitcoin. lol

1 Like

There was just an option to pay with bitcoin on the payment option screen.

1 Like

Both two models are good and alternatives can better. I know depends on budget. Buy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7sOFoS-IRk - Alienware Gaming Lapotot, it’s worthit. I had previous version from HP Omen and it was nice experience but while wired. On battery, I could play 1~2 hours maximum, of course something like Apex Legends on MAX quality. BreakFixNow where my mentors how to care battery life. More over I bought from them new one with inside settings (in windows) changed by their opinion for my batter to last longer.

💰 YEN · YouTube ·️ YEN.CAMP 🧠