My first Rig and Setup Advice please

Hello all,

This is where all the cool kids hang out.  I need some advice on this rigs I have two I am trying to build one is a joint venture and the other is mine.  Here is the layout of the Joint Venture.

PSU Corsair 500 SX
Motherboard for now is Asus Crosshair IV Extreme
Proc: i7 920
Onboard ram: DDR 3 16GB
GPUs : Gigabyte GTX 1050 Ti stock Bios running with Afterburner at 15.120 Mh/s each ( 4 of them)
OS : windows 7 as I could not get Ubuntu working ( would like Ubuntu to work help with that would be great)
Miner is claymore : 10.4
Mining pool is dwarfpool ( advice on a pool would be good as well)
wallet is with coinbase.
HDD: old Laptop Sata 512 GB drive
I am not sure how to check the status of the mining with this pool. If there is someone out there that can tell me a better way to setup my mining pool or a better pool to use please let me know.

Second Issue I have is with my gaming / mining machine I have the following

PSU 700w thermaltake
Motherboard is the Asus Z270 Prime
Proc. Rayzen 1700
Onboard Ram 16GN G.skill
GPUs : Asus R7 370 4 GB 10 Mh/s Asus Dual RX580 with Hynix memeory 8GB 16 Mh/s out of the box
This seems very low to me.
OS is windows 10
Miner is Claymore 10.4 as well
wallet is coinbase as well different account than above.

Ideally I would like to get both rigs on Ubuntu and mine a good pool that I can check on how the mining is coming as dwarfpool only cashs out from what I can see is at .05 of a eth.

tips and suggestions or point to a walk through would be good I tried two different tutorials

and

But ran into some snags with the multi GPU Nvidia install

I have a biostar Z370 SLi Plus which was going to be the main board for the 4 GPU mining rig but I couldn’t get it to work with all the GPU’s. I want to install Ubuntu on the M.2 on it. Not successful.

That’s way the older board. Sorry for the long winded explanation didn’t want to leave anything out.

Thanks in advance for any knowledge that can be pass this way.

Zaphros

1 Like

First off, WELCOME!

The two setups you have been describing confuse me a little. On the first setup, you show a Motherboard that looks like it only supports AMD processors but you show an Intel processor on it. Maybe there is another Asus Crosshair IV Extreme that I’m not seeing when I search for it on google. Second setup you have an Intel motherboard with an AMD processor. Again, I’m confused.

I’ve tried to run mining rigs on Windows 7 but I’ve run into issue with installing updated drivers. If you are looking to find better ways to monitor your progress, you may want to look into SMOS.

Check out http://www.coolermaster.com/power-supply-calculator/. I believe the power supplies you are specing are not sufficient. PSUs are made to run at 80% efficiency when ran 24/7. Keep that in mind.

Do you have these rigs up and running? If so, pictures please.

2 Likes

Yeh you need to get your specs updated correctly so that we can help. First rig like @ImaginaryPi stated is an AMD motherboard for an AM3 socket. I thought maybe you just got the two rigs mixed up but the AMD processor in the second rig list is an AM4 socket. The first power supply is enough for that rig. 50w for each 1050ti (@THEDATALORD and myself have both gotten 1050ti’s down to 30-40w per card) and say a max 140w for what ever CPU you are running only puts you at 340w. Its just under the 80% so you should be fine.

The second rig is extremely under powered. 220w for each 580 and 200w for the 370 puts you at 640w and you have included fans, CPU, or the rest of teh system. Also you have a socket 1151 motherboard with an AM4 socket CPU.

1 Like

Thank you for your replies and Sorry for the confusion, Late posting little sleep.

Updated specs

Rig 1:

PSU Corsair 500 SX
Monterboard is a Crosshair Rampage II Extreme( sorry for that)
Proc: i7 920
Onboard ram: DDR 3 16GB
GPUs : Gigabyte GTX 1050 Ti stock Bios running with Afterburner at 15.120 Mh/s each ( 4 of them)
OS : windows 7 as I could not get Ubuntu working ( would like Ubuntu to work help with that would be great)
Miner is claymore : 10.4
Mining pool is dwarfpool ( advice on a pool would be good as well)
wallet is with coinbase.
HDD: old Laptop Sata 512 GB drive

Rig 2:

PSU 700w thermaltake
Motherboard is ROG B350-F gaming
Proc. Rayzen 1700
Onboard Ram 16GB G.skill
GPUs : Asus R7 370 4 GB 10 Mh/s Asus Dual RX580 with Hynix memeory 8GB 16 Mh/s out of the box
This seems very low to me.
OS is windows 10
Miner is Claymore 10.4 as well
wallet is coinbase as well different account than above.

I will check out the SMOS

hope this helps clear up some of the confusion I created.

1 Like

Thanks for all the Help ImaginaryPi for the help 25 MH/s stock now…

1 Like

💰 YEN · YouTube ·️ YEN.CAMP 🧠