My god man, the wait times!

I am going to be waiting around for a week for my bank transfers to go through on Gdax and Coinbase. That is an eternity in the crypto world.
Starting to think, I should try to cancel the transfer and pay the fee for wiring.
Pretty sure I will come out ahead profit wise. Hell, I could literally Drive/Fly to Coinbase from Texas, and hand them the money faster than that.
Why does it take so long?

4 Likes

I don’t understand why it takes so long for some. I always get it the next day, or even the same day if I do it on time.

I live in Belgium though, maybe our system works different

2 Likes

I’m in Texas. EFT from my bank to Coinbase is usually about 15 minutes. It used to be 7 to 10 business days but then it changed one day to just a few minutes. I just assumed I did enough deposits and withdrawals that one day, I crossed some threshold that allows me faster conversion and transfer times.

3 Likes

use localbitcoins.com and you can get it as quick as someone can pay (5 minutes is my fastest)

1 Like

Hmm, at first I had to wait a few days as well. I even had to wait nearly a month in December. I just thought that it was because the overload they had. Now it’s perfect

1 Like

Gemini will precredit your ACH bank transfers and allow you to buy BTC immediately. you can even trade it while you wait for your bank to clear the transfer. it usually takes 4 days to clear on gemini in my experience.
as i said, you can buy and sell bitcoin before the bank clears the transfer, however, you cannot withdraw it from the exchange until the transfer is complete. i find it to be a fair compromise if you don’t want to pay the 30 dollar wire fee and are just sending small money for DCA

2 Likes

You have my attention now.
I was trying to put $1k into BTC, like yesterday. Since then the price has shot up a few hundred dollars, diluting my buying power.
I will call Gdax and Coinbase. If we can not come to a more … favorable solution. I will be opening an account with Gemini tonight.

1 Like

If you DCA put two weeks worth of DCA fiat in one transfer. then do your normal DCA then you will already have fiat in coinbase for next weeks DCA while you wait for more money to transfer.

3 Likes

If you buy BTC outright on Coinbase it locks in the price. Just cannot trade it until everything clears with the FIAT banking systems.
If you are trying to trade on GDax you need to put your money in well ahead of time.

At a certain point you will get instant buys on coinbase, but I think this is based on how often and how many transactions you do. Kind of like a trust level of sorts.

2 Likes

My transfer to Coinbase has taken 4 months, and counting. :sob:

3 Likes

Four months?!? I’d be filing for fraud charges if I had my money in limbo for four months.

4 Likes

I’m not sure what avenues I have, I’ve never been in this situation before. I did go to a consumer complaint board, but they gave me some bullshit answer with some weird random ACH number, so I’ll have to see what else I can do.

2 Likes

I was foolish and had forgotten about the wait times after my family had a housing emergency. Otherwise all my capital would have been invested @ $7k mark. When I saw the arrival time to the exchange on Coinbase, I was shocked.
Then I erroneously thought my gdax account should transfer faster, since I have ordered much more from there.

Net result net result, $1k locked up for a week. Wednesday is my normal DCA day.
I prefer gdax, because of limit buying and low/no fees. I am fair irritated at the moment.

To all who are presenting the good ideas thank you. I will be putting them to use in the future. You all have taught me so much, thank you

3 Likes

That is not right. Seriously, you should contact what ever vehicle you used to put the money into Coinbase. Find out about reversal options.

2 Likes

Okay. I’ve been putting it off because I feel a bit powerless, tbh. They don’t have a phone number and so I can only contact them via email, and they’ve just been giving me canned answers.

1 Like

I have called them before. I am in the US, though. You can speak to humans via phone, I promise.
This whole Revolution is about personal responsibility. WE are taking back the power of our capital from fait institutions. If a crypto one is not treating you right, find one that will. Put your money where you brain and heart is.

Finally take shit from NO ONE ABOUT YOUR MONEY. That is your income you earned, through your labor, blood, and tears.

5 Likes

Omg, I can’t find a number for them, could you direct me to it, please? :weary:

2 Likes

Coinbase Customer Service
1 (888) 908-7930

2 Likes

I had to drive to work Beat me to it. Thank you.

2 Likes

Haha, one week is pretty quick. My transfer has always been 10 days. I considered myself lucky if the transfer went through in 9 days! On the flipside, it has taught me to invest based on discipline rather than emotions.

2 Likes

💰 YEN · YouTube ·️ YEN.CAMP 🧠