NEO wallet, access lost! Reward for help in recovery

Hi all,
I know I’ve been reckless, but would appreciate if somebody can help. I am willing to pay 2 NEO if somebody can help me recover my account.
I created an account in march last year but managed to lost my private key and can’t find my back up file. All I now have is my pass phrase and a public key.

1 Like

Go through this thread. NEON wallet address lost - all savings lost!

1 Like

Hi, thanks for the thread. Although it did not help me since my situation is different.

1 Like

If you couldn’t find something in that thread to try and you have lost your private key then you are done. I have yet to see anyone actually recover their private key as if you could then this whole system would not work as it would show that that particular chain has an extreme vulnerability and one could just hack it like they could a bank.

1 Like

Is it definitely the public key you have? Or is it the encrypted key and pass phrase?

1 Like

The original version that was initially installed was Neon.Setup.0.1.4.Windows. Back then I used to log in with my pass phrase. Then I never used it for more than a year. New version does not give you the option to log in with pass phrase only. I then deleted the newest version and reinstalled the old one that I have downloaded last year and this old version wallet does not have phrase pass log in any more. Does that mean that there is no way I can recover my coins?
And it is a public key that I have, I used it when I transferred my Neo from the exchange. Funds are still sitting there.

1 Like

I’m sorry to confirm, if you haven’t got the private key or the encrypted key with pass phrase you’re up shit creek without a paddle. I genuinely hope you did not lose too much value in the locked up NEO.