NEON Wallet security

NEON wallet - since it doesn’t have an option to backup your wallet and get a 12 word seed, how do you backup your wallet? And how do you secure your private key file so it doesn’t get stolen? Also, what happens if you are logging in with your private key and instead of clicking on “Login” you accidently click on “create new wallet”, will your current wallet and NEO funds get lost?

4 Likes

Check my thread, mate: 25 NEO to anyone who can crack my NEON wallet!

2 Likes

I think in a week or so a post mortum write up could be a good retrospective for new community members to read.

1 Like

I’ll keep saying it… STAT AWAY from the NEON wallet. its still early on and being patched. let it go for 6 months and work the bugs out

the neo-gui wallet is stable, allows you to download/export the database, and is much friendlier to WIP restores.

2 Likes

NEO is suppose to be one of the top alt coin…i hope…

SO many problems with the pc wallet … But why not creating hard wallet 2FA/2UF app for it ?

NEO GUI wallet it imply me to be super secure of storing right my private key i guess, and if the wallet updates doesn´t make disapper my NEO, wouldn´t having the private key in a usb, still make it possible to be hacked ?

Everything to me (not tecknical person) seems over complicated. Just connect NEO to trezor or nano s just be gr8!!!

2 Likes

Can you help me get my NEO off the Chinese Site? Please?

1 Like

I tried to get involved and I am really worried. Can you help me get my NEO off the Chinese Site?

1 Like

Do you have them on an exchange currently?

1 Like

https://www.antchain.xyz/address

This is as far as I got with instruction through Github - https://github.com/neo-project/neo-gui/releases

1 Like

Nothing has worked and everytime I reinstall, more files end up missing. It had been tedious and defeating…

1 Like

I saw you explain details on another post. This is above and beyond me but im sure someone who is more technical will help you out shortly. Ive used neon wallet for months with no issues and had trouble downloading the gui version.You may want to start a new thread under wallets and exchanges to make sure your question gets answered more quickly.
Sorry cant help and hope you get it figured out.

1 Like

i really screwed myself with this. I just wanted insurance for the near fututre when the dollar dies because of multiple countries besides China and Russia and Venezuela abandoing the U.S. Dollar several days ago/. I need this to work but I am in over my head. I work 18 hours a day. No more time to investin this unless it works or I am about to lose everything

1 Like

Id prob just step away for a few, someone on here will get to your question just not many on at moment.I think it it takes awhile for those wallets to sync. Here’s a link to thread that may help and GL.

1 Like

Thank you very much.Just trying to have some insurance for the family because things are not going well.

1 Like

Can someone update this post? Is it safe now to use NEON Wallet?

1 Like

💰 YEN · YouTube ·️ YEN.CAMP 🧠