Nexus NXS as of 8/30/17 Price: $3.20 Rank: 45
Exchanges: Bittrex & Crytopia
Marketcap: $166,44,373 low volume
Circ Supply: 52,063,854 NXS
First appears on coinmarket cap listing on March 6 2015
USD= 0.0017 cents
BTC=0.0000064
Very Active Social Presence including slack
Colin Cantrell Founder/Lead Developer (link to great interview below)
Website: Very Professional/Very easy to navigate/Very informative/displays live “want to chat icon to answer questions”

Mission Statement: “Nexus seeks to Free humankind from centralized systems. Being decentralized is not merely enough. We must decentralize the decentralization. Using software and hardware, Nexus seeks to build the foundation for the most decentralized system to ever be developed: Nexus Earth”.

White Paper(s) is divided into multiple sections of the various components

PRODUCT:
Free internet globally
Much improved currency
A network of cube satellites in space
Security designed with quantum computing in mind.
Combining: software, hardware, mining
Basic Explanation of what “network of cube satellites” means. Source: Reddit:
“a cube satellite is 10cm3 in size. About twice the size of a rubix cube. I’m not sure how many they plan to launch into low earth orbit but you would expect 000s. Redundancy is key in a distributed network so you would expect they are prepared to lose a few to space junk collisions etc… simply replace over time with more. New tech, new cubes”.
There is more in the white Paper on this.

This coin is set up to be VERY friendly for mining
PoW, PoS hybrid
The wallet appears to be easy with options (have not downloaded this yet)

The biggest CON is this is an incredibly ambitious project with multiple components to coordinate, could fail miserably (as could all the coins)!

The charts don’t say much, other than Nexus is waking up, very short term moves
Based in Tempe Arizona, USA
Nexus is hiring/great sign of growth
Large conference planned for Sept.

This project checked every box on my list and I plan to buy Nexus

11 Likes

This post has been moved to the sub category Coin Reviews in Alt Coin News. Thanks so much for the hard work @Tracy!

2 Likes

Oh no…ThankYou Bud!!

2 Likes

Bought in this morning (NXS) and will be downloading the wallet so will update that process.
8/31 It’s hovering between 3 and 4 $
bought at 0.000730 btc

2 Likes

Awesome Tracy! Thanks a lot for all the work! Ill defonately check this out tonight!

2 Likes

I wrote a review on this back in the day.

best part about NEXUS is its community and trading channel on slack. If you get a chance check it out

Full disclosure I own Nexus and I am holding out for at least the cube sats.

3 Likes

Nice, jump in if I missed something, I love this project. I’m all about the philosophy and the first thing I thought of was that if Satoshi is out there, he’s buying Nexus.
I would love to go the conference.
I’ll read your review.

1 Like

Great information, any thoughts on the recent price action, spiked up briefly, some progress with a cube?!
There are 2 wallets, do you use one, I’m good w downloading one.
I didn’t see it dev-heavy either, but I still like it!

1 Like

They have the biggest vision of any coin I have ever seen!

2 Likes

I guess I’m a dreamer too. It’s like reading the NASA version of the cypherpunks, during the early bitcoin days. I’m all about blockchain changing everything for humans on the planet so I’ll fit into the project!

3 Likes

There are two wallets, LLD and Oracle. Oracle is best for staking (PoS) but is older and takes awhile to load. LLD is best for mining as load times for new blocks and load times for the entire database are a lot faster. There is a glitch however that appears when some third party software interrupts the program (i.e. AV, firewall, etc.) that causes the LLD wallet to loose its trust with the network resulting in lower stake %, due to loss of Trust.

Personally I mine and Stake on the Oracle wallet on linux.

As far as the Cube Sats, I am not really tracking much. I have been following Vector Space Systems as they just conducted there second test launch in GA. (First was in AZ) This is the company that will bring the cube sats into space. Also happens to be Colin Cantrells (Creator of Nexus) Father James Cantrell whom owns the Rocket company… perfect match!. Anyhow I will add links to the twitter accounts so you can keep up with this amazing project. Hope this helps

James Cantrell (Owner of Vector Space Systems) @ jamesncantrell
Colin Cantrell (Creator of Nexus) @ colinjcantrell
Keith Smith (Nexus Member/Marketer) @ keithsmih
Upcoming Conference @ nexus_aspen2017

1 Like

I wouldn’t say the biggest. It does have a large goal. but the main difference between Nexus vision and some of these other ICO’s and cryptos is that cube Sats is achievable and between the Nexus Team and the Vector team they can make it happen.

Just to throw it out there the biggest vision I have ever seen in a crypto is easily Wireless coin and there time traveling bus.
check it out FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1854960.0

2 Likes

How goes it OP? Still solid thoughts on this?

1 Like

Philosophically I love this coin, it’s bitcoin in 2010, is it a short term 100x like omg/neo -no-…
Is this coin sturdy enough to attract VC- yes.
If you came for the btc dream of changing the world and stayed for the money-yes-.
Long term hold-yes (possibly a year or more, we’re talking global mini satellites)
What could go wrong? The list too long to write in a post.
What could go right? Free global internet, decentralized global currency
Price dropped (as did about everything today Sept/2/17)
0.00057461 btc

1 Like

I am a big fan of bitcoin uncensored and i remember this interview with the founder of nexus.
it seemed shady from what i remember (was several months back)

2 Likes

That fine line between brilliance and crazy as a coot !!!

2 Likes

I checked out this project a few weeks back and I’m not easily impressed but I love what they’re attempting to achieve! I bought in at $1.50 and will be buying more soon. For me this is a long term hold but it should run up pretty good leading up to the conference so there are some short term profit opportunities as well! Thanks for putting in work Tracy. Nice job on the review!!

2 Likes

My optimism meter just went up, the upcoming conference has an amazing guest speaker list.
Buying more on sept/3/17
.000664 btc

http://nexusearth.com/downloads/Nexus_Conference_Program.pdf

2 Likes

I like the way it looks, that conference seems to have some solid speakers. Might try to buy some more, but first have to sell some other coins… But first, doing some research on my own :wink:

2 Likes

Bought 300 USD worth of nexus, will be 700 USD more this upcoming week (its part of my 10 x 1000 USD coins)

3 Likes

💰 YEN · YouTube ·️ YEN.CAMP 🧠