No Pub access via Firefox

Earlier this week I was suddenly unable to access the Pub on Firefox. I made no changes to my system, no additional addons/plugins, and adBlocker is disabled. The problem persists, as I’m forced to use Chrome.

When I inspect the page elements, the contents are there, but have a vertical height of 0px. This includes section id=“main”.

Here’s what I see when I go to my bookmark, and then I get a blank screen with only the CytoYum guy in the corner regardless if I try to login, or go to any other page.

2 Likes

Please try following two possible solutions:

1. Press CTRL + F5 to hard refresh the page
  2. Clear browser cache, close Firefox for 20 sec and then start again.

I using Firefox v57 on ubuntu and website is working fine.

3 Likes

Sorry, I should have mentioned the things I already tried.

I’ve hard refreshed as suggested, I rebooted, I cleared all cookies for the site, and tried clearing the cache.

2 Likes

Also, I’m using version 57.0.3, on Win 10 x64. My only addon is Add Blocker Plus, which is disabled.

2 Likes

Strange, try this. Press CTRL+SHIFT+I and check the “console” tab in debugger tools. Do you see any error?

2 Likes

Bingo. Huge error.

Posting momentarily.

2 Likes

1 Like

Looks like FF is not able to load some JS files. At this moment, I will disable ALL addons to check if this solves the problem. If not, try uninstalling and reinstalling the browser. Also, make sure you delete the corresponding folder from windows before re-installing.

3 Likes

Also just tried restarting Firefox in “safe mode”. That didn’t work either.

I’m a bit hesitant to uninstall and reinstall, as I have too many work related things going on here. I’d rather just play it safe and use Chome until this sorts itself out.

2 Likes

Taking a look… And… Looks like something on your end… But… Let me check a few things here too.

What plugins do you run?

1 Like

Running fine in my FF here.

2 Likes

I have zero plugins:

1 Like

My only plugin is AdBlockerPlus, which is disabled. I also tried starting in safemode (runs without loading anything beyond the base browser with default settings) and the problem persisted.

Could just be my end, but the Pub is the only site I have problems with.

Thanks though team!

2 Likes

💰 YEN · YouTube ·️ YEN.CAMP 🧠