Nvidia Volta: 2018 Release

I’ve been seeing a lot of articles come out about the Nvidia volta. Even more articles speculating it’s release during 2018. Nvidia is claiming 135% faster than the 1080ti. 16GB GPU.

Thoughts?

6 Likes

I will probably pick up a couple of these puppies once they come out. My rigs have a few empty PCIe slots that need populating.

1 Like

Isn’t the Volta the one that is going to $3000 dollars?

1 Like

volta is gpu architecture

1 Like

So, I found this in regards to the new line of cards : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_UbTE0wm1Y 94 MHS mining ETH!!!

1 Like

I hope they have ramped up production since now.

1 Like

I’ve been invested in nvidia for years 135% not a chance. 2070 = 1080ti.
I would say 30/40% gains because amd can’t keep up so we are drip feed , bit like Intel shit feeding us with 4 shit cores for the last decade because amd fucked up bulldozer and pile driver cpu. I believe the line up is going to be called ampre and not Volta now. Or Volta for data servers and ampre for gpu

1 Like

The Titan V is 3k, not sure if there is a price on the Volta yet but they are making it sound like they want to make it more affordable for gamers so who knows :dizzy_face:

1 Like

Now if they could release a dual GPU card … That’d be interesting, 2x the performance in 1/2 the space needed :grin:

1 Like

I just wish they’d go ahead and release ANYTHING already! I have some money burning a hole in my pocket for a new card!

2 Likes

thats the titan volta that released in nov '17. im pretty sure the new card will be 1000$ at a minimum.

2 Likes

amds a shitty competitor for nvidia. the lack of competition for nvidia is causing moore’s law to slow down.

2 Likes

Ha nvidia want to make it more affordable for gamers. U don’t know nvidia they want anything but cheaper

2 Likes

I’m well aware, no need to get so sassy :upside_down_face:
If they gave two hoots they wouldn’t have been allowing bulk sales to customers straight from the manufactures when the mining boom started to dry the well again,
or to anticipate the need for mining specialized cards, or maybe to not keep increasing the prices they are selling these for in conjunction with demand and not production cost

Team red is slightly better in that regard but since they try so hard to keep costs lower the product suffers, while green sloshes around in that money.

Damn it’s fun to say sloshing that money around :moneybag:

The used cards hitting the market soon due to this cards release will be the best thing that happened to small time miners and games in a while. and who knows the new card might even be worth the profit for mining so it’ll become the default mining card for people with large amounts of startup capital and the rest of us will get an entry point back.

2 Likes

I have shares in nvidia and amd but nvidia are a ruthless horrible team. Not being sassy sorry. Expect a new ath increase in price yet again. Hard to believe a top end graphics card was £300 half a decade ago. OG titian was when it went wrong for the consumer. Clever marketing and many loyal sheep. Should hear news in March about ampre

2 Likes

I like Nvidia products but I hate Nvidia as a company.

I like AMD as a company but hate their GPUs (had problems with 2 different generations of GPUs).

I hope Intel gets their :poop: together and start making their own GPUs too now that the guy who worked with AMD went to Intel.

2 Likes

hey man, can you update this thread with any news you come across for volta?

2 Likes

So minus a major leak or press brief we should get more news on Volta, and wtf is ampere (or at least info on one of these) march 26-29 is nvidia’s 2018 conference. Anyone trying to play go directly (I advice not going as a “miner” but a “gamer” since they have officially announced their crypto hate) it is in Silicon Valley and registrations on the site I linked for the conference official page. Hopefully be getting out of the thick of the card shortage soon :fist_left:

1 Like

Like being there saying, I’m a gamer, but I wouldn’t mind buying 50 of those new juicy GPUs :megusta::troll:

2 Likes

Exactly :wink:
I’m working part time for a used computer shop and fixing stuff on the side so going to attempt to use that excuse to make a bulk purchase from my tax return. Assuming I can make it down there that week

2 Likes

💰 YEN · DCTV ·️ Bitcoin Lambo · 10 Days of Bitcoin ·️ CEO's Brainpan 🧠