Omg price prediction. Am I crazy?

Hi guys, first post on here! Loving the Pub :heart_eyes: I was talking to a friend of mine who just sold off all of his stake in omg… roughly 2000 coins. I said to him I was holding for the long-term as I think omisego has the potential to be worth $100 in 3-5 years. He then laughed and said I was crazy :joy: Anyone else think I’m “crazy” what’s your thoughts :thinking:? I thought my prediction was conservative :joy::joy:

6 Likes

Well, at least one “expert” says OMG will be worth $30,000, so yup, you’re crazy and need to adjust expectations upwards a bit. :laughing:

But seriously, only time will tell, but you’re in good company here as I’m holding a large chunk of OMG as are many others here. At least you’re looking at a proper timeframe 3 to 5 years out and not 3 to 5 months out as many seem to be seeking their end-goal gratification.

9 Likes

$30,000 that would be a nice rise from the current price :joy: I have been buying it in bulk throughout the last few weeks, unfortunately I missed the ICO. But like any crypto I buy I hold long-term. Patience is the key… I hope :joy: thanks for your reply :+1:

5 Likes

Hi there! And welcome to the Pub! On the right we have a nice bar. On the left there is a pool area. Make yourself comfortable and enjoy the ride. Next stop: MOON!

But seriously, if your friend was comfortable liquidating his full position on OMG and made some NICE GAINZ, he is right. Nothing wrong with that, I guess.
But given the fact that crypto did not reach the mass adoption yet, majority of good coins (OMG is a top-tier in terms of “goodness”) could see a significant rise (like x50-x100 from the current prices)

6 Likes

Your friend selling 2000 OMG at the current price is crazy. It can easily climb back to $12 in the short term and much much higher in the long term. If you were buying in the under $8 range this past week then your position is solid. You’re in good company as even DataDash opened up a large position of OMG last week.

Just wait until the new wallet comes out soon. The price of OMG will certainly go up and you will be able to start staking it. OMG and NEO are my favorites because of staking. Love them dividends.

Just curious, did your friend cash out or move into something else?

8 Likes

He actually moved into neo which is a good move. Neo is something I’m hoping to invest into myself! I was planning to in this dip but decided to increase my stake in omg. Hoping the price stays low until end of the year.

5 Likes

I think that its hard to predict this market in 3-5 years. but it would basically need to be get widespread user adoption as the go to platform for merchant payment. there is a ton of competition in the space, and not alot that seperates them other then being early

4 Likes

I think OMG will be higher than $100 within 3 years time. That’s a ton of time in the crypto world. I think it mostly depends on staking capabilities and how many people want to give that a shot.

3 Likes

I don’t think the question is how much USD it will be worth, it’s how much BTC will it be worth? My guess is it will be worth less BTC then it is now which is probably going to be true for most alt coins in the long run. Doesn’t mean it won’t be $100 at some point, but it will only be worth that by virtue of its pairing to BTC which could be worth a huge amount by then. I’m treating all alt coins as short trades just to accumulate more BTC.

9 Likes

When the mass adoption of cryptocurrencies comes around, I think its important to remember that the usage of usd is going to be a lot less than now. The prize of usd is in fact probably irrelevant at that point. The real question to ask is whether 1 OMG is gonna buy you a lambo in 2040 :smile: When it comes to comparing it to btc, I think market cap speaks for itself. Imagine 50 % of south east asia using OMG. Thats a huge amount of the forex market. Right now OMG’s market cap is around 1,2 % of bitcoins market cap. OMG is in itself also more adoption freindly, which probably gives them a better run up when mass adoption comes around.

8 Likes

Hell yeah OMG to the MOOOON!!! Just picked up ~900 OMG when it dipped below $8.00. Hoping it goes to the moon and will be hodling as well. Easily $10-12 range within the next month or so!

7 Likes

What underlying fundamentals are figuring into that prediction?

4 Likes

Looking at the market and OMGs continued hustle to create more partnerships. They just partnered up with Credit Saison (A pretty major financial group affiliated to Mizuho Financial Group) [http://www.saisoncard.co.jp/]… basically it allows parents to pay their child’s prep school tuition fees using credit card (which is huge in asian countries). Also looking at the 1 day MACD and RSI I feel like there is going to be an upswing coming soon! But again with cryptos, you never know :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Hmm it should be, hopefully reach 20$ at least by the end of this year or Q1 next year. I have been bleeding because of HODL OMG. Lol

8 Likes

Keep in there buddy. We all are. I am bleeding from hodling the ETH i bought at 380 and the NEO I bought at $36 and $40 :frowning:

5 Likes

Hi everyone,

was there any bad news about OMG or why went it down so much today?

3 Likes

Hmm, i dont see any bad news here, partnership announcement and roadmap released. But i notice that whales keep building fake sell wall to keep the price low.

4 Likes

I think alt market is just dead at moment.

5 Likes

Yeah BTC still seems to be sucking the life out of the top 20 Alt-coins especially as $6k looks like the new resistance level for BTC now after the BTG fiasco. I’m 15% down since buying OMG on 21st Sept. Happy to hold and see what happens though.

5 Likes

WHAT IS GOING ONNNN!!! I am about to get in again, the 4 hour RSI looks promising as its being oversold right now!! Thoughts?

2 Likes

💰 YEN · YouTube ·️ YEN.CAMP 🧠