OpEd: Why Corporations Will Win Crypto

Want to know where Crypto is in a few years? This is my prediction. My only request is you consider this from the mainstream consumer’s mind, i.e. the majority buying power of the world who don’t know squat about crypto and blockchain.

1/30/2021 Sally wakes up at 5:20 for her morning run. Check’s into thebitcoin.pub uploads a selfie into the workout thread and off she goes. She checks her Fitbit when she gets back and she ran 5 miles, or .05 Fitbit tokens. That brings her total for January up to 1.5 Fitbit tokens – or 15% off at Fitbit’s partnered retailers Nike, Under Armor, Muscle Milk, Natural Grocers. She opens up her Fitbit app while starting her breakfast and looks through merchandise and buys a new pair of running shoes that she just saved 15% on. Life is good. She turns on the TV which has zero ads since all the retailers decided to shift the 80 billion dollars they piss away in TV ads that no one watches into “tokens” i.e. discounts.

“If your good at something never do it for free.” – The Joker, The Dark Knight

This is how it shakes down in my mind. If you have ever taken a business class, you understand that the key to any retail business is to control market share. Right now, companies spend Billions of dollars on ads that are being ignored by the masses. Don’t believe me? Check out the study that shows people don’t even look at the right side of a screen anymore cause that’s where all the ads. Ads are becoming ineffective, so blockchain gives major corporations the unique opportunity to incentivize vs. sell. Think about the Current ICO so many of you were interested in joining. Picture this but with Facebook, and on steroids.

The only way to control the retail client in life after blockchain is to incentivize them to keep their money there. So, content creators get paid with a Facebook Token, which is only redeemable to those companies that play ball with Facebook.

In a world without advertisements, or at least in a world where data is an asset class the only way Corporations can control the consumer and to keep market share is to incentivize them and keep the money within the corporate network.

TL:DL Corporations will create the equivalent of Bed Bath and Beyond’s 20% off coupons in the form of tokens and you’ll get paid to use their consumer products.

3 Likes

Black Mirror - Fifteen million merits

1 Like

I am halfway through episode one… no spoilers please.

1 Like

Oh man, you picked the worst episode ever :smiley:

1 Like

I thought what I saw was good. The text message just got sent. I can see where this is going. Only watch when I row so its MWF.

1 Like

I didn’t watch anymore after I saw the first episode. That was just too stupid.

1 Like

Well I don’t think anyone would actually do what he did. To me it seemed absurd. We’re way off topic, btw.

1 Like

without ads why is their still tv?

1 Like

Because it makes people dumb and more susceptible to ads

1 Like

Is there still TV? I haven’t watched it for years.

1 Like

i watch it at my parents place sometimes. lol commercials suck

1 Like

Of course there is. Evetually it will just be in the form of Facebook and youtube shows via screen vasting. TV 3.0 is most definitely free. People dont watch commercials and if they arent dvring it they are picking up thier phone.

1 Like

my point is without commercials they cant make money. perhaps they could raise funds from companies who give tokens to them to give to people which are then used to purchase their products? seems like a crazy system

1 Like

Is Bitcoin a crazy system? Today’s model is dying. It’s been played out and taken advantage of for years. Marketers learn a new trick, then it gets overplayed until the consumer is frustrated. What happens when people stop buying commercials cause they realize no one’s watching them?

So Facebook gets it’s money from ads, but really their revenue comes from users, aka market share. So Facebook has to attract good content to get users. Consistent high performing users get paid tokens. watchers receive tokens by how much they consume. Nike for example just shifts the billion it spends on advertising into paying Facebook to offer tokens, which brings more revenue right back to them as their only discounts. Do I want to buy nike at full price or would I rather watch this facebook TV show and earn a discount since I was going to watch the show anyway. Now Nike doesn’t have to worry about the money coming back to it because the user specifies it show. No need to print useless coupons and mail them, no need for a marketing team. It’s crazy to think how it could be.

As long as it is a net-net to the company that was advertising they will do it in a heartbeat. Right now you can measure clicks and conversions. But in the token system, it’s a nearly guaranteed purchase as the consumer chooses the product they want. Nike might get a click of an ad. Only to have the consumer to shift to their favorite brand (Adidas) to make that shoe purchase they remembered. Well, now it locks the consumer into the brand and into Facebook. The content creators shows might be sponsored by Nike so everytime a buy happens they earn money/tokens as well. It doesn’t seem that far-fetched to me.

TL:dr:

If you were a content creator would you want to get “coupons” for making a show towards products you want to buy? Yes.

If you were a content consumer do you want to get paid for every second you spend on a platform? Yes

If you were a business owner would you spend the same on discouns vs mass advertising if you could guarantee a purchase of your product? Yes.

And it all becomes built into the product your buying.

1 Like

💰 YEN · YouTube ·️ YEN.CAMP 🧠