Private Instant Verified Transactions (PIVX) becomes first anonymous Proof-Of-Stake (POS) cryptocurrency to launch a dedicated iOS wallet application.
It has generally become very difficult for cryptocurrencies, especially privacy-centric currencies to get new wallets or related applications on the App Store.
Apple’s tightening of its guidelines on Cryptocurrency applications has left most projects depending on third-party applications that provide multiple coin storage options such as Coinomi to serve users on the iOS platform.
Currently, out of the top 100 cryptocurrencies based on market capitalization, just 7 have a dedicated wallet applications on the App Store, showing how difficult it is to achieve this feat.
Private Instant Verified Transactions (PIVX), a community-centric Cryptocurrency with a focus on decentralization, privacy and real world use joined the cryptocurrencies with iOS apps club on Tuesday morning when the project announced the availability of it’s application on the App Store.
In a communique to the media, Chad Ballantyne – Community Leader and Creative Director revealed the intentions of the project and it’s goal for mobile growth. He said:
Although PIVX is well known for its world-class leading Proof of-Stake and privacy technology, it’s important that we get that revolutionary technology into the hands of everyday users. Our desire is widespread adoption, and to be the most used cryptocurrency in the world. Being on the App Store means we now have a greater opportunity to do so.
PIVX iOS Release Notes
- Send and receive PIVX at the touch of a button, anytime, anywhere and to anyone.
- Backup and recover your wallet on any device with the ‘recovery phrase’ generated by the app. Even if you lose your phone you will not lose your PIVX.
- There aren’t any hidden servers to backup or store your coins, you’re in control 100%.
- AES hardware encryption, app sandboxing and keychain and code signatures helps protect your PIVX and keeps it safe from malware and basic security flaws.
- Connect directly to the PIVX Network with simple payment verification – with no need to store the blockchain. The PIVX Wallet is ready when you are.
- Manage your finances in the palm of your hand on every iPhone.
- Utilize the custom notification centre widget for even quicker access.
The PIVX iOS wallet supports only PIV at the moment. zPIV (private coins based on Zerocoin Protocol) is currently not supported. Future updates are expected to bring zPIV support, better security and improved tools for merchants.
PIVX Achieves iOS Application Milestone With Community Support
Community efforts were key to the achievement of this milestone by the PIVX team. After failing an intial application to the App Store, Buer, a community member re-applied under an Italian Software Development LLC. With the help of core developer, Matias and a number of dedicated investors, the team has finally been able to get an approval from Apple.
Buer called the results of the community effort a “huge step forward for the PIVX network.”
After months of engaging with Apple Support, we finally made it. This is a huge step forward for the PIVX network and the greater blockchaincommunity as a whole. PIVX is now accessible to anyone with an iOS device with just a few taps.
PIVX continues to be a major contender in the privacy category of cryptocurrencies with its top notch Zerocoin Protocol offering and extensive community support.