Please review my potential mining rig

MB: Asus Prime Z270-AR
CPU: Intel Celeron G3900 2.8 GHz Dual-Core
CPU Cooler: Thermaltake (is this even needed?)
HDD: WD 1TB
RAM: 8GB
PS: Cooler Master 1200W
And last but not least GPU: 6x ASUS Dual OC GeForce GTX 1070 8GB

With the PCIe risers, power switch, and other accessories, I’m priced out around $3,100. I’m having a hard time figuring out what my hash rate would be and determining eventual ROI. Can I get some help with this? Thanks!

2 Likes

I’ve a similar rig setup, what were you planning on mining?

2 Likes

ETH or LTC but honestly not sure. What are your hash rates and overall power consumption?

1 Like

Since I live in an apartment and I keep my rig in my office, my main focus was keeping the heat output of my rig down as much as possible, as such my hash rates are not optimized at all.

Here’s what my power consumption and current hashrates look like (I’m mining ZEC)

3 Likes

You don’t need the thermaltake for the CPU. Even if you mine with the CPU the stock fan will be enough (unless you OC). More then likely though, you aren’t going to be mining with the CPU (Power usage not worth it). In my experience with the rigs I’ve built for Peter and I, I’ve gotten error messages for not having enough RAM. That was at 8GB. We run 16GB now.

2 Likes

Can you provide a list of software that you run with Windows 10 to mine ETH?

1 Like

If you are going to use Nvidia GPUs, might I suggest you mine Zcash. You will have a higher profits mining Zcash.

If you insist on mining ETH, try out claymore’s dual miner.

For Zcash, EWBF.

That GPU will come with a driver install disk with some extra programs. I install their GPU Tweek software to modify settings. Not all GPUs, even of the same make/brand, are the same. Tweeking the Core speeds and such is trail and error. I use the GPU tweek software to set the fan speeds manually. If you let it do it’s own speeds you will run at high temps. I try to keep our GPUs under 70c.

3 Likes

@ $3100 you would be better to just buy bitcoin…
gpu mining is rough these days with the price of cards, it will be even worse when eth switches to proof of stake.
or you could buy 2 bitmains at that price, the l3+ runs at 504 MH/s, check out the calc below to see some roi

$30 per day on the l3+ @$1500 per unit = 50 days roi
$2.19 per day on a 1070 x 6 = $13.2 @$3100 = 234 days for roi

the problem with the bitmain is they are hard to get. Cards are easy to get, but not worth it.

my 2 satoshis worth…

2 Likes

I have a similar rig and it turned out best to mine ZCash with Nvidia cards.

3 Likes

Totally agree. I have given up on wanting to mine. Seems everytime I have ever wanted to buy a new batch of antminers the site gets hit with a DDOS. :confused:

1 Like

dont give up, more are out tonight 4am central time i think. Just be sure to be logged into your account before you try to buy one and I have a feeling you will get lucky. If they take ltc it clears faster as a payment. It is not a ddos attack, it is a thousand people all trying to order at once.

my 2 satoshis worth…

1 Like

Nice! I just assumed it was a DDOS, but that now makes sense. I will have to give it a shot then. Thanks for the advice

2 Likes

Send out pictures please.

💰 YEN · YouTube ·️ YEN.CAMP 🧠