POLL - Tax return preparation fees - CPA firms

Hi @Peter_Rehm, I really am sympathetic to all those out there struggling with the tax code and trying to report their cryptocurrency correctly. While I’m part of those CPA firms that do a kick-butt job but just don’t make economical sense for the micro Bitcoin HODLer, I do offer at least free consultations.

Free consultations are the least I can do. I got into tax to help people and if someone just has a couple questions or needs a point in the right direction, I would love to jump on a quick call on give them free advice.

I also try to be very transparent and upfront with clients with fees. That last thing I want is for anyone to be surprised. I do this year-round, invested in getting my CPA and MBA, live and work in Seattle where the median house price is 4x that of Atlanta, and work hard to make sure I provide proactive advice and tax planning for my clients all year long. So I know I can’t compete on price with small one-man CPA shops in TX that works out of their basement, is only open during tax season, and has a part-time job somewhere else. Likewise, they can’t touch me in terms of quality and expertise, but not everyone needs a high quality tax return and help planning tax strategies. I thrive on complex situations.

Anyway, like I said, if there’s anyone who needs a top-quality consultative phone call (maybe their uncle died and left a bunch of Bitcoin or they started pooling their Ether with some friends from overseas) I’d be more than happy to help and offer a free phone call or consultation!

Thomas Jones
425-301-1149
tjones@sweeneyconrad.com
https://www.linkedin.com/in/thomasjonestaxman/

Wow all that dissing someone that you have no idea who they are and have been doing crypto taxes longer than you have been out of school.

Get over yourself and your ego.

@Nekko I filed an extension on my taxes for 2017 and have been searching for a local CPA to help me with filing. Would you be willing to provide his contact info. I am in the Round Rock area so not far at all :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Sent you a link in a DM. Been unplugged for almost two weeks.

Ended up using visor.com which was only $350 if I remember correctly (but they require your crypto trades to be filled using bitcoin.tax). They did a pretty good job in a decent amount of time. Considering the time and effort needed to fill my tax returns, I may end up using them again next year.

Im using cointracking.com and its really lagging on my trades.Might have to look into visor.com.

I am in Central Florida, no state tax form. My accountant charges 550.0 USD for full personal federal tax prep including crypto (I only have a small amount) and 700.00 for corporate fillings. He has a few other clients with crypto.

$550? I need to increase my fees then. I was charging folks $400 - 475 with little trades. More if extensive.