To go back to your discussion, I am not sure which technology or fundamental analysis is sufficient to find the next x1000. It is rather the perception that people will have of the project.
For example Snowblossom, I really like the project, and I have a bag. However, I am not sure that this project will please people. Too technical, not enough makeup. But nevertheless snowblossom can please the afficionados of Bitcoin (like Grin). We feel that there are buyers. For something that you only buy on Qtrade, I’m amazed at the buyer volume and the perpetual purchase orders. and I think this may be a new market attraction but we will come back to it later …
After something that comes up often, it’s branding changes. Raiblocks (Nano), Antshares (Neo), dogecoindark (Verge), darknet (Pivx) … These are key moments that have contributed to the massive pump.
Price is also a key factor. Especially for Verge and Pivx. The undervalued side for crowds is important, especially in comparison to the projects they compete with. I think about Antshare / Neo, it was cheap compared to Ethereum. So for people the price of 0.4 dollars (and less), it was really ridiculous!
And finally last point, that of future hype / fomo and market appetite. In 2016 there was:
- Zerocash and zerocoin technology (Zcash, Zclassic, Zencash, private Bitcoin, Zcoin, and many other forks, …)
- Masternodes (Pivx, Smartcash, Zencash, …)
- The next Ethereum (Neo, Ark, Qtum, Waves, Stratis, …)
- the DPOS consensus (Neo, Ark, Cadano, Rise, …)
- BTC fork (Bitcash, Bitcoin Gold, Bitcoin Diamond, Bitcoin private, …)
- Integrated Tor (Verge, Kore, Deeponion, …)
- Token exchange (BNB, Huobi token, Bibox, and many others,…)
The next hype / fomo could be:
- Mimblewimble technology (Beam, Grin, Bitgrin, fork einsteinium to come also, …)
- A new consensus (ex: Nyzo)
- Non-collateralised Stablecoin (Haven protocol, Bitcash, Triton, RSR, …)
- Full anonymity by default (Veil, Piratechain, …)
- Security token
- A simpler bitcoin, more refined (Cruzbit for example)
- The resistant quantum altcoins (Snowblossom, Mochimo, …)
- A new type of masternode (Sinovate)
Personally I search this. I am trying to identify the next hypes / fomo market cryptos …
The new exchanges also on which it was necessary to invest and find the future jewels:
- Cryptopia, Bittrex, Novaexchange, Kucoin (later) … while everyone was investing in Poloniex and Kraken in 2016
Today the best exchanges to find lowcap are different (you must always migrate):
- Tradeogre, Qtrade, Bitmesh, Stex, Idex (for ETH token)
That’s why I’m not a fan of Amoveo or Bittube, I think the hypes have already passed even though I can appreciate the projects at the fundamental level. These projects have qualities but I will not invest on them. I may be making a mistake. But I do not invest in projects because I like them or because I like fundamental analysis. I am investing because I think the project can be loved by as many people as possible and attracting hype. I’m looking for what the market can or will like!
Here I wanted to bring my stone to the building …