Radeon RX 580 8GB

Is this a good deal a local guy is selling 2 PowerColor RED DEVEL Radeon RX 580 8GB New for $440 each.

2 Likes

Well, it depends… with over clock they do ETH at 31 mh/s. ROI will take a long time.

Couple weeks ago they were $429 on Newegg: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814131713&cm_re=rx580_8gb--14-131-713--Product
people definitely trying to make a quick profit.

3 Likes

I’m watching this one on eBay (https://www.ebay.com/itm/Brand-New-Sapphire-NITRO-Radeon-RX-570-8GB-OC-Edition/202240459906?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649),
but it’s already went above my “want to pay” limit.

2 Likes

Thanks for the quick replies, I’m trying to upgrade my current gaming PC for mining since my motherboard is fried and trying to decide on where to go from here but don’t wanna buy a motherboard till I decide on what GPU I want to buy.

1 Like

Red Devils overclocking great but use way more power then the other kinds of 580s to manage it, the others undervolt pretty well and you can still increase the hash rate at the same time.

Deals pop up pretty often for just under 400 for 580s and 570s can be found around 330-350 (8gb) in the last month I’ve been able to snag a handful in that price range if not a bit cheaper. I’ve been avoiding 4gb models, but those can be really cheap sometimes, like a 570 going for $280 on newegg on occasion, and the 560 (only for the desperate) is 150 for the 4gb

2x 560s = 1 570 (both 4gb - the 8 for the 570 does better) and 2.5-3x 560s = and 580 8gb so I try to use that math when figuring out if a price is good… keep in mind that all of these are inflated from 60%- 300% of the value they would be if mining was some great secret and more cards were being manufactured

3 Likes

Thanks for the good advice. I’ve been looking on newegg but I hate that all the GPU’s have a limit of 1/customer.:triumph::rage::exploding_head::disappointed_relieved:

2 Likes

Thanks for the outline! Are all of these ‘New’ prices or have you bought 2nd hand before? Just a little skeptical buying privately unless fully sealed.

2 Likes

New, and honestly the return is still longer then most like to wait for. If I buy used ill go way cheaper- if it’s just opened box and still has the ability to be returned it’s not so bad, but straight used makes me nervous. Got an opened box 580 for 310$ and a used 570 for 200. Both worked luckily but I still try to stick to new.

Oh and the trick to Newegg is to keep getting the deals as they come up. Sucks only being able to do one at a time but after a week or so passes the same seller gets more stock and if the price didn’t skyrocket you can still get another from them.

1 Like

Any of these worth a :poop: have a local place selling them on the cheap, I’d even buy them both if they would work together! Just need some insite.

2 Likes

The 560 should work for something around 8-12 mh/s out of the box. I haven’t tried that exact model but I have a few from gigabyte that are 4gb and work, although they seem to be a little spikey (they’ll work really well and slow down for a bit and repeat)

2 Likes

I would not pay 200 for it though, I got mine for 135 and the best price you can find lately is 150

2 Likes

Now with a modded bios can I get more out of it?

1 Like

💰 YEN · DCTV ·️ Bitcoin Lambo · 10 Days of Bitcoin ·️ CEO's Brainpan 🧠