Ravencoin mining with SMos and amd cards

I’ve got two 1080’s on my VR rig I’ve been using to mine ravencoin with. I’m wondering if I should move my 18 570/580’s to Raven as well.

Does anybody know which program on SMos works better for AMDs? Or, should I stay with etherium for a while longer?

Any advice on which pools to use? I chose threeeyed because I didn’t know any better. I’m still kinda new to mining.

3 Likes

I would say that you should be using either Claymore or Optimizer on SMOS for AMD cards. As far as which pool, I don’t really know. We are in the process of creating a Ravencoin Pool for the Pub. Currently we have a BTCP pool and even though BTCP isn’t the most profitable for AMD cards, we have a few members mining on the pool with their AMDs. Profits have been great!

2 Likes

That sounds great. When do you think the raven pool will be ready?

2 Likes

Hard to tell. We have to figure out how to get the Ravencoin wallets and such to work with Z-NOMP or we have to create another instance.

3 Likes

Has anyone heard about Ravencoin use cases in the future or news of any kind other than what is on their timeline? I have been mining it as a speculative asset based solely off of the overstock.com thing.

1 Like

Vosk is showing way better performance on ravencoin with the Enemy Miner. Available in SMOS

1 Like

Whitepaper released today.

1 Like

The only problem I have with the Enemy Miner is that it is not or was not open source which goes against what Raven is about. I am stating this from a perspective that even if it was open source I would have no idea what I was looking at lol. It is more of the point in that I have to trust sources like BBT on certain things and if he isn’t using it because he cannot validate the code then I will not trust it.

2 Likes

good to know i’ll give enemy a try, if you don’t mind please link the vosk vid showing him using enemy, thanks!

1 Like

Hey what’s the advantage of creating a pool here with (I assume) far less miners than a more populated pool? Thanks for any info on the subject, still learning.

1 Like

There are a few but to me the largest advantage is that it helps decentralize the network. Think of pools as delegates when you use a pool that pool has your voting power. This was seen with the fork for BCash had they not had the actual mining power to fork it probably would not have happened but because Bitmain has that mining power they were able to. So the more pools we have the more decentralized the overall network is. Raven’s community has been great about promoting smaller pools to make it more decentralized.

There is a small amount of income generated normally in the 1% range for the pool operators to pay for costs of the servers and a get a bit for their efforts. I personally would rather see my fee’s/voting power go to a dedicated pub member than some schmuck I do not know. I just do not particularly care for BTCP and the hassle of trading it for BTC so when ever the Raven pool is up I will have a dedicated miner on it.

2 Likes
1 Like

💰 YEN · YouTube ·️ YEN.CAMP 🧠