Rebalancing vs Buying in Top 10: $1,043,902 Profits!

trading

It’s my time to give back to the PUUUUUB! :heart_eyes::santa::beers:

Thanks to @jamesbrooks and his $204,279.83 in one year investing in the top 10 Cryptocurrencies! I created a guide to see the difference between investment strategies using 2017 data.

While 2017 was an amazing year for investing in crypto, I was very new to the scene and made plenty of mistakes. This guide shows you the difference between buying into the Top 10 coins and holding or using rebalancing tactics.

Rebalancing is when you take all of your earnings for the time period and divide them up equally to reinvest in the current Top 10 of the next time period.

So for example, if you invested $10k in the Top 10 on January 1st 2017 and wanted to rebalance every month, you would take the all of the investments including profits and divide them by 10 into February’s Top 10.

Note: The results are in $USD and not using the BTC value, so the return could vary. Also note, there may be some fluctuation depending on if you reinvest on bloody Fridays. The dates of value used were from Coin Market Cap historical data.

I hope this helps you in 2018. Remember… ALWAYS have a plan! Something I wish I did in 2017. :wink:

Edit: Check out https://cryptotactics.io/ built by @kastelnik (and very little help by me) for more accurate data.

TOP 20 Coins strategy for 2018
It's time to build generational wealth. What are your top 3 picks that will get us there?
Rebalancing - Spreadsheet Tool
How much diversification?
Where to invest $20k?
Noob Mistake's Done - Glad I Found the Pub!

This is DOPE. Can’t wait to dive into this.

This is awesome. Thanks for this!

Seems like you need to rebalance the intro text in the doc, it says Rebalncing :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Thanks for your work, this looks interesting!

Based on this doc you had the best results rebalancing quarterly is that the conclusion?

MAN THAT’S HUGE!!!

Very interesting, thanks for sharing :smiley:

Thanks for the heads up. Fixed. :joy:

I want to convert it to BTC profits instead of going against the dollar.

@peter @john what are your thoughts on these tactics?

Sounds like a great experiment if you ask me… Keep us updated!

You’ve earned it: The SO AMAZE Badge!

Oh damn, it seems like 2017 was a bomb of a year. Do you think 2018 is going to be of a similar magnitude?

That’s the question everyone is asking :'D -

Aweeee yeah! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

2017 almost looks too hard to beat, going from 1000 usd to 18500, imagine if we see the same or better in 2018, insanity

amazing work!!! Thank you very much for sharing

Thank you for sharing…I love raw data!!!:grinning::grinning:

Wow, amazing data here! Thanks for the great work.

But wasn’t @jamesbrooks calculations also a one year hold? If so your data doesn’t match up with each other, as your returns were $546,385.78 ?

It was one year but slightly different time period :slight_smile:

Yup, @jamesbrooks had a slightly different time period. I went from Jan 1st 2017.