Welcome to RyoCurrency
The fallout from Sumokoin’s premine SNAFU and their rash decision to hard fork back to ASIC friendly Cryptonight algorithm resulted in a community backed effort to maintain the original intent of the project of improved privacy and to stay true to GPU miners with CN-Heavy (later replaced with CN-GPU ) mining algorithm.
At block height 137500 what is currently SUMO/RYO have transitioned into RYO and SUMO. Now they are running on a separate chains.
Digital Cash For Highly-Confidential Transactions
Ryo was conceived with the highest levels of privacy in mind. From day one, Ring Confidential Transactions (RingCT) with minimum ringsize of 25 were implemented to conceal every transaction. Ryo Blockchain analysis is impractical. Have piece of mind knowing that what you choose to do with your money is your business, not anyone else’s.
ASIC-proof and developing
The Ryo implements the Cryptonight-GPU ASIC/FPGA/BOTNET Resistant algorithm. Ryo, as a fork from Monero which itself was initially based on the CryptoNote protocol, inherits all whitepapers and academic studies from CryptoNote and Monero Research Lab. Additionally, Ryo has pioneered technologies such as: Uniform payment IDs / CN-Heavy / CN-GPU / Wallet GUI SOLO mining.
As privacy is the core foundation of Ryo, sending and receiving addresses are encrypted and transaction amounts are obfuscated by default. Disposable ghost addresses conceal your real Ryo address from senders, allowing for truly anonymous and untraceable transactions. Our uniform payment ID system makes transactions that use payment ID-s untraceable and hides the very fact that you use ID-s.
Ryo follows Satoshi Nakamoto’s vision of decentralized, trustless cryptocurrency, i.e. secure digital cash operated by a network of users. Transactions are confirmed by distributed consensus and then recorded on the blockchain immutably. Third-parties do not need to be trusted to keep your Ryo safe.
Ryo is truly fungible because of its built-in privacy features. Just like cash, nobody knows who had possession of any particular coin before them. Even better than cash, nobody knows the identity of who they’re sending their coins to. It is extremely unlikely that Ryo will ever be blacklisted by any third party due to any association in prior transactions.
Ryo allows you to use a new ghost address for every transaction you receive. Never receive coins with the same address twice, even further reducing the astronomically tiny chance of you and your transactions to be traced.
COIN SUPPLY & EMISSION
- Total supply: 88,188,888 coins in 20 years(including 8M dev. fund emitted together with the block reward over 6 years.), then 263,000 coins will be emitted yearly to account for inflation.
- More than 80 million coins are available for community mining.
- 8,790,000 Ryo coins were burned to get rid of the original Sumokoin premine. Additionally, 100,000 coins were premined and instantly unlocked to Sumokoin devs in 2017.
The pre-mined coins have been frozen/burned in commit c3a3cb6/ blockchain_db/blockchain_db.cpp#L250-L258 as announced on reddit.
- Coin symbol: RYO
- 1 nanoRyo = 0.000000001 RYO (10-9-the smallest coin unit)
- 1 microRyo = 0.000001 RYO (10-6)
- 1 milliRyo = 0.001 RYO (10-3)
- Hash algorithm: CryptoNight GPU (Proof-Of-Work)
- Emission scheme : Ryo’s block reward changes every 6-months according to the following “Plateau” distribution*. Our emission scheme is inspired by real-world mining production comparable to crude oil, coal, and gas which is often slow at first accelerated in the next few years before declining and becoming depleted. However, the emission path of Ryo is generally not that far apart from Bitcoin.
- These numbers were calculated by the Python script in this repo. Raw spreadsheet data (Excel, Gnumeric) of both current and proposed models are also available in this repo: Github.
WHY YOU SHOULD INVEST IN RYO
- We have Roadmap that runs since 2017 and partially has already been completed successfully. So we have a clear plan of what to do, and what features to implement.
- Responsible DEV team: both Fireice_uk, psychocrypt - are well-known figures in crypto-world: creators of XMR-stak, former contributors to Monero coin project, that proved themselves by as top-grade specialists, that will result in the most technological ASIC-proof e-currency in near future.
- We have an active community: people are welcomed to ask their questions and the members of the DEV team find time to support the community across their tough schedule via various social media channels.
THE TEAM and priorities
Ryo wants to be a cryptocurrency that can be used easily by average users, not only developers, so we focus on:
- Developing GUI wallets for both desktop (Win/Mac/Linux) and mobile along with online wallet for beginners.
- Working with payment gateways to make RYO a viable cryptocurrency accepted widely among merchants.
- Keeping improvement in coin security, untraceability, privacy and speed.
Core developers: Fireice_uk, psychocrypt, mosu_forge
Contributing Team: RyoRU, Nostradamus411
Credit is due to the Monero Project. Without it, Ryo would not be possible. Monero is a great project, but the Ryo Team believes we can create a more secure cryptocurrency by enabling higher ringsize from the start, implementing a new private transaction system that retrofits to support the old payment ID system.
Local GUI wallet:
Previous Ryo desktop GUI Wallet and Ryo LITE Wallet have been merged into one GUI wallet. The development of a brand new wallet, built from scratch using modern Vue.js and Electron frameworks, resulted in the release of Ryo Wallet Atom .
Available platforms: Desktop / Laptop
press release about Ryo Wallet Atom with added SOLO-Mining function.
Current version: 1.4.0
Local CLI wallet:
Current version: v0.5.0.1
Keeping your privacy and security in mind was our top priority of guiding principals from the start of design & development for RYO. With that, we released our ultra-fast WEB based wallet - Ryo Wallet Quasar.
Quasar brings the user friendly interface of our desktop GUI wallet (Atom) to the web.
Available platforms: Desktop / Laptop
- Crex24: BTC / USD / EUR / RUB
- TradeOgre: BTC