SEC Crypto platform regulation

https://www.sec.gov/news/public-statement/enforcement-tm-statement-potentially-unlawful-online-platforms-trading

OPINIONS??

2 Likes

I know several subpoenas have been issued by the SEC and the real interesting part will be when the first one hits the courts.

The definition of security will be under debate.

The definition of “stock” will be under debate. (Capital Stock, Common Stock and Preferred Stock)

Then the definition of an equity security versus a debt security as it applies to an ICO.

I love technology, it introduces some very interesting issues to law makers. I am sure the news will cover it with more FUD than anything else as that is what sells stories. Read between the lines, it is interesting times in which we live.

Buy shares in the law firms fighting this one out, they will make the most money LOL

Stay Fishy

2 Likes

My opinion – Totally expected. The law enforcement community is cheering.

3 Likes

They mentioned this in the SEC meeting in february. No surprise. ICO = IPO. If you know what an IPO is you will see it is the exact same as an ICO

1 Like

Yeah, well that’s what the SEC wants and WILL get in 2018. I’m hoping that there is an “ICO lite” because I’ve been through an IPO and it is a bee-otch.

2 Likes

I dont see a way around it really. Crowd sourced angel investing? Still requires registration i think as youd be a hedge fund or vc fund.

1 Like

What if I just ICO out of Vanuatu? SEC can’t touch this!
(Fishy Parachute Pants Dances)

1 Like

Someone will think of a way around it. Perhaps.

1 Like

As all you know forex trade using bitcoin .Now getting a bitcoin became easier than a year ago . If you see, a few forex brokers who are accepting bitcoins for currency trading you don’t need to jump with all your cash in there. To make sure and to know more how to deal with bitcoin and avoid usual mistakes buy new users I would suggest to read more from the known and trusted source forexreviewz.com

1 Like