Selling BTC on Ebay 🤮

Hi all,

Just thought i’d share this incase anyone else does this. Last night i was slightly tipsy and i was on eBay and i seen guys were selling small amounts of BTC for 3 times current value and people were buying this. I stupidly jumped on and thought i can make a little profit selling at a fairer price - my eBay blew up and i sold 100 x 0.0018 within 2 hours.

The thing is people are using eBay and Paypal as a scam as Paypal do not protect sellers for digital content/currencies. So today i sold around 0.02BTC before i stopped sending as something didn’t feel right.

Around 5 minutes after i sent the 0.02 over i received several emails from paypal -
'An unauthorised account activity claim was recently filed against the
following transaction."
So all my funds from the buyer have been frozen and they have my BTC. I have lost my BTC and i will not be growing it anytime soon from eBay as i first thought i could.

Stupid mistake to make - need to learn to stay off the laptop after a bunch of drinks :sob:

Hopefully this saves someone from being as daft as me.
CC

9 Likes

This is an unfortunate occurrence however, thank you for running this unintended experiment for us.

For your bravery. We applaud you, and sorry for your loss.

A good lesson learned?

6 Likes

The eBay scam has been around for quite a long time. Sorry for your loss man.

2 Likes

For sure bro, lesson is never sell BTC :slight_smile:

As soon as i seen the orders and money pile in i knew something wasn’t right and stopped sending.

Was a nice day in Scotland and had too many beers. Silly mistake.

4 Likes

The words are gone. Gone are words the.

1 Like

Really appreciate you sharing this with us. How does a person know unless you try :grin:You took one for the team.

2 Likes

oh man this guy is selling 0.8 for 1000USD
http://www.ebay.com/itm/0-80-BTC-Directly-for-you-Wallet-Adress-/282641932662?hash=item41cec5a176:g:OjoAAOSws1ZZsJJ4
lol

1 Like

The words are gone. Gone are words the.

4 Likes

This is what i mean. I thought i’ll sell at a fair price and make a profit easily. Wasn’t as straight forward though. :see_no_evil:

2 Likes

This is what i have done and awaiting for paypal but i’ve not heard anything back yet. I was advised that PayPal do not support Digital goods and cannot protect sellers selling them, which i took to mean that the buyer will be refunded.

2 Likes

💰 YEN · YouTube ·️ YEN.CAMP 🧠