- Not sure what you were getting here. Dogecoin is #40, Bitcoin is #1, so what’s your point? An investor doesn’t merely look at the ranking, he/she looks at the development behind a coin/token.
- You need to point things out to be concrete. I am trying to engage in an intelligible discussion with you.
----------As I was responding to your reply, I noticed that you deleted them out--------------
If bitcoin has no meaning and no value to users, people would:
A. Stop mining it
B. Stop trading it
C. Stop HODLing it
In contrast, dogecoin has its own use cases, but I wouldn’t call it a novelty since it doesn’t invent anything new. In fact, its github repository hasn’t even updated for years (did you know this?).
This is outright wrong. You may want to be careful where you are getting your news/information from. If you are getting it from CNBC or Bloomberg, you would really have to think twice.
Last year when I first started, I was somewhat like you trashing Bitcoin and buying only altcoins. Then when I started investigating myself and thought through the economics, I began to agree with Peter’s opinion on why Bitcoin is always the king. Then, I began to discover Andreas Antonopoulos’s presentations and even began to read his book. It was also around that time that I found out about Jimmy Song.
If you are interested to educate yourself on the topic, read the quad-logy:
- Bitcoin and Virtue Part 1: Prudence
- Bitcoin and Virtue Part 2: Temperance
- Bitcoin and Virtue Part 3: Justice
- Bitcoin and Virtue Part 4: Fortitude
If you care to know why Bitcoin is different than other cryptos, read these:
- Why Bitcoin is Different than other Cryptocurrencies
- Why Bitcoin is Different
If you want to know why too low of fees cannot sustain the blockchain, read this fine piece by Charlie Lee, written with “Satoshi Castle” as an analogy! A great read.
Obviously, as you can see from my writing (organization), I am trying to engage in an intelligible discussion. If you are not interested, don’t worry about replying.