Stock Market Coming Crash :Is it real or is it not?

Check out these two headlines from two emails I got today:

On one hand Charles Schwab is telling it’s customers, “don’t worry, be happy,” Investopedia is telling you to wake up and smell the coffee.

Makes you wonder! Always be asking questions. No matter what anybody is saying, do your research, draw your own conclusions, and more importantly, stick by your guns and see your plan through until you find new data that steers you in another direction.

Michael

5 Likes

I hope I’m not hijacking this thread and sending it on a tangent, but in the event that this indeed true, what sort of effect would it have on the crypto world? Would a financial crisis instill greater faith in crypto and elevate it’s valuation, or would it drag us down along with it?

2 Likes

The next bear market is going to be interesting, to say the least. That is to say, I don’t have any real clue, but I can sure speculate!

I think Bitcoin will take a bashing initially in the beginning as those who were invested in both stocks and cryptos cash out their cryptos for needed living funds and during general widespread panic/fear of the moment after the initial market correction.

Then after things settle a bit and people get their wits about them and start making investment decisions, we’ll see cryptos start exploding as droves move their funds into cryptos.

Somewhere in there, the Federal Reserve is likely going to try to bail somebody out or print even more money, which drives up inflation and devalues the dollar. When that wave hits, people will be even more upset and start looking at cryptos as a way to escape inflation, thus raising crypto’s market cap even more.

Basically, I’m of the opinion that banks and governments have run out of options for pure cash plays. Digital currencies will finally begin to go mainstream to solve the problems the banks and governments have created over the last few decades with uncontrollable spending and debts.

11 Likes

That seems most logical in many ways. Makes me think back to an earlier post/comment you made about liquidating the retirement funds nest egg built up over decades.

I suffer with same “letting go” feelings. It might be time to rethink that now.

4 Likes

I think I’m going to put in stop loss limit orders for the top holdings in my portfolio and start maintaining those weekly (adjusting as prices warrant). I need to run some numbers, but I’m thinking 10% drop in price should trigger the stop loss order to go to market.

6 Likes

Cryptocurrency born in a crash and take off in another. Wouldn’t it be a great tagline we see in a couple of years time?:grinning:

4 Likes

Yes, I think this might be a good strategy provided you can keep a timely eye on things. Being able to buy back in as needed is equally important… Can’t let that rocket take off without you

1 Like

the central banks have been buying everything with qe money to keep the markets afloat, i think the collapse is coming

2 Likes

The Rothschild family has been pulling out of the US market due to this worry.

2 Likes

I can’t predict the future but I don’t think there is any way the crypto markets don’t get slammed if the traditional markets go down. The crypto markets have been on am emotional run as well. Crypto tends to have a lot of young players and there is a lot of money in the cryptomarket that will be needed if the regular markets tank.

I don’t think it’s a matter if if but when. The global markets are hyper inflated and nothing makes logical sense.

2 Likes

SELL your stocks annnnnddd…
You know what I am going to say don’t you?

BUY THAT DODGEE!

3 Likes

Are any of you hedging with precious metals in the event of this crash?

1 Like

I am waiting to see how the cryptomarket reacts to the global recession this would be great time learn.

3 Likes

Yes.

I believe in having a diversified portfolio of fiat alternatives. In fact, it was my “contrarian” views (the mainstream believes precious metals are for the tinfoil hat crowd) that led me to cryptocurrencies in the first place.

1 Like

Funny story there! I actually ended up buying my first bitcoin while researching and shopping for gold and platinum! Needless to say, I bought bitcoin instead of gold…

Michael

5 Likes

I think we’re going to have a big fall before we have another major run up which is why I’m on the sidelines for now. Waiting for the opportunity…

2 Likes

I’m doing exactly the same. Just moving funds into usd wallet and waiting for the right buy in time. I did go ahead and add to neo today, but otherwise waiting.

3 Likes

💰 YEN · YouTube ·️ YEN.CAMP 🧠