Technical Analysis 101 - VOLUME, MOVING AVERAGES, RSI - The Power of 3!

The Value of Volume:

My FAVORITE TOOL of all time - MACD - Moving Averages!

My SECOND FAVORITE tool - RSI - Momentum Rules!

11 Likes

Great information so far, I’m finding the RSI tool to be very informative! Powerful stuff man!

4 Likes

Used with all the other techniques you’re pretty much set!

7 Likes

How do i get coinbase chart to pull up on trading view? The only one i can ever get to come up no matter which exchange i choose is always for bitstamp.

3 Likes

Must look for it when you search. Look for btc pairing and coinbase

2 Likes

You’ve taught me so much DOGELORD!!! I think I owe you a beer.

1 Like

Can you use volume, MACD and RSI altogether?

1 Like

Absolutely. They help confirm each other. Make sure to zoom out as well!

1 Like

great, thanks peter.

I also wanted to ask how many indicators should someone use when opening a trade? is 3 enough?

1 Like

That’s fine. Too much creates static.

1 Like

Perfect, thank you peter…

1 Like

Great work @peter . Great job of simplifying things and making it easier to understand.

1 Like

You’re very welcome!

1 Like

Using a multiple of indicators to provide confluence is your best bet from my experience. Ie mixing a few of peters analysis techniques to give you a weighting to make a decision is my approach and provides the most robust results from my experience.

1 Like

Mix and match. Many have value. However… over time, intuition will be your best weapon of choice!

I feel a need to ask this - and I’m sorry if it’s been asked up above

What time frame do you use when looking at the RSI and MACD - for example right now, today,

XRPUSD on a 30 minute chart looks around 50% and on it’s way to 30% RSI - (BUY) level

but on the 4 hour chart it’s at about 75% (SELL) -

and if you’re waiting for 2 or 3 sessions to validate before making a move, you’re obv. not going to want to wait 12 hrs in crypto world - so I’ve been sorta sticking with 30 minutes

2 Likes

Yes. 30 and 1 hr are great. However zooming out can also give you context on the movement!

Use all views!

1 Like

Yes, 30 minute and one hour to look for trades. Then once decided I use 15 min and even 5 minute to time a best entry price.

3 Likes

thanks dogelord …you the man…i find you speaking serious quite funny compared to in decntralized tv

1 Like