Testing the YEN Chat Widget (or the #yidget)

Hey folks! I’m doing some testing of a live chat feature that I’m building out… that might help give some life back into the forum! Or, at the very least, be a fun experiment!

The goal is simple: Create a frictionless-way for website owners to connect with their visitors and community as well as give community a way to connect with other community members.

This is just a super-lightweight demo of the technology that we’re putting together… more details can be found here:

Will you give it a test (hard refresh your browser) and lmk your thoughts? It’s just a LOBBY experience right now, but, deeper integration (with the pub™️) makes sense.

3 Likes

i’ve removed it for now. thanks for testing it folks!

2 Likes

Thanks for trying @john. I guess we should have put our feedback in this thread, however theres a bit of discussion in the BTC thread about it. Mainly about how we could see the chat box, but not the chat history, so we couldnt tell who we were talking to, or what anyone else had said.

3 Likes

Whats wrong with knowing the history?

2 Likes

I think you misunderstood. The issue was that we couldnt see the chat history.

3 Likes

i’m going to do more tests, for sure. i think integrating it with the auth system here so you can chat and create channels might be very, very interesting…

… thanks for giving it a try!

3 Likes

Great idea.
I think it needs to be on a different dedicated page. Can’t have hang it on in the middle of the screen.

💰 YEN · YouTube ·️ YEN.CAMP 🧠