The Doge Lord on CNBC! 📺

bitcoin
btc
lambo
lamborghini
cnbc

Here’s the good stuff:

Some enthusiasts, like entrepreneur Peter Saddington, want to “prove to people that you can actually transact with bitcoin.”

When Saddington began researching bitcoin in 2011, he soon decided the digital currency would probably bring about the next big change in the way the internet affects society. That November, Saddington said he bought his first bitcoins at $2.52 apiece.

He said that investment paid off so handsomely that by 2017, his $115 worth of bitcoins from 2011 had appreciated enough for him to buy a Lamborghini Huracan — the Lamborghini’s “entry-level” supercar that retails for about $200,000, according to Car and Driver.

Saddington said he specifically wanted to challenge online criticism about how using bitcoin to buy almost always results in a loss for the buyer. For example, a man in Florida experimented with bitcoin purchases in 2010 by offering 10,000 coins in exchange for two pizzas. Those bitcoins today are now worth tens of millions of dollars.

“There’s always been this meme that you never buy a Lamborghini with bitcoin, because it’s going to end up being a $20 million lambo,” Saddington said. He has no regrets about spending his bitcoin on a car. “It’s been great.”

Read it in full here:

7 Likes
#TheBitcoinLambo is Here! - Start your Bitcoin Engines! The Bitcoin Lamborghini
2 Likes

in another life @peter would be mr miyagi #TheUltimateDogeLord

3 Likes

winning at life haha

3 Likes

I want to get to a point where I can buy a Lambo with Bitcoin too!!

3 Likes

Patience and due diligence will get you there! You’re still here so who knows, maybe your next in line…

2 Likes

I’d like to just be able to buy anything with BTC right now. I hate how these backwater stores only accept cash or cards. How primitive.

2 Likes

https://beta.yen.io/peter/status/155718512370210

1 Like