It all starts with a direct message from a random stranger on discord.
creating new email to see just how deep this scam goes lol…
wtf did this crazy asshole just send me 4.5 btc…?
and here’s where the scam goes lol
be smart folks, don’t get scammed. never send money to get money, it is just an evolution of the same old scam that has been going on for years.
red flags to watch out for.
- Messages from people you don’t know
- People trusting you with large chunks of their money when they don’t know you
- People asking you to help them get money out of their country (this is an evolution of the old Nigerian prince email scams of the 90’s 2000’s)
- Being linked to websites that you have never heard of before
- Not being able to find the website via google to validate it with reviews and such
- Being able to create an account on an exchange using only an email address, with no KYC or AML measures in place.
- Having someone be able to “send you funds” on an exchange using only your email address and not your wallet address.
- Being prompted that you need to deposit funds before you can withdraw funds which are supposedly already in your account.