The Z9's have landed

Glad to hear they made it through customs! Keep us posted on how they perform. I’m looking forward to following this thread.

OK. I have some preliminary data back now. I’ve been mining on Antpool for almost 2 days now. I did try Flypool for a couple hours too. Looks like the two Z9 Mini mine around 0.30 ZEC per day.

The hash rate averages around the 30 KSol/s, so 15 KSol/s each. I’ve noticed combined spikes in hash rate to 50 KSol/s for short periods before dropping back to 30-35 KSol/s.

Temperature wise, the chip sits around 60-64C, PCB around 40C. Fans are consistently around 3300-3400 RPM, still pretty loud. During reboot these little screamers go >6000 RPM and are deafening (audible from the garage in almost every room of the house).

No crashes from overclocking and appears stable. So far so good. :slight_smile:

I was thinking about purchasing one, but its on backorder until august/september. I mean I have AC’s on in my house, are they much louder than those?

Yes, they’re noisy. It’s OK if they’re in a garage or a spare room. But you would not want to be in the same room as them for any prolonged periods of time.

I have some $100 vouchers, valid until end of July, I am willing to give away if you are wanting to buy one.

I’ll hold on to the $250 vouchers for now, while I decide whether I’ll buy some more or not in the next week. These vouchers expire middle of July.

Hmmmm… I may take you up on that offer. I don’t have the funds readily available, but I will let you know soon. Thank you for the offer man.

Love it! Keep it up!

You can use google to find out how loud something is.
https://www.google.com/search?q=what+does+6000+rpm+fan+sound+like&rlz=1C1SQJL_enUS801US801&oq=what+does+6000+rpm+fan+sound+like&aqs=chrome..69i57.7583j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Here is the ROI in USD

That is awesome! I am glad they are working well and looks like you should get your investment back and then some.