Turkey: Bitcoin Isn't Compatible with Islam

TL;DR:

The Turkish government has declared that bitcoin is not accordant with Islam and warned citizens against buying the cryptocurrency. Turkey’s Directorate of Religious Affairs, known as Diyanet, said bitcoin is too often used for nefarious and illegal activities, and without regulation has become incredibly volatile. “Buying and selling virtual currencies is not compatible with religion at this time because of the fact that their valuation is open to speculation, they can be easily used in illegal activities like money laundering and they are not under the state’s audit and surveillance,” Diyanet said. Bitcoin has not been authorized for use in the country.

Wow. That’s incredible: http://www.newsweek.com/turkey-says-bitcoin-soaring-above-10000-not-accordant-islam-725350

3 Likes

And that country wants to be in the EU. Mixing religion with regulations. Hope they never enter…

8 Likes

I think Bitcoin is hugely compatible with Islam…because it’s been blowing up like a motherfucker since 2008.

11 Likes

But killing your own people and imprisoning dissident journalists, academics and politicians is just fine… Erdogan and his crew need to go back to Quran school and while they’re there they should do some research on Bitcoin as well. Fucking muppets.

6 Likes

Great example how clueless people are, because people use fiat to do illegal activities and money laundry as well.

4 Likes

Guys, I’m from Turkey. Please be aware of this line “Buying and selling virtual currencies is not compatible with religion AT THIS TIME because of …” :smile:

They mean “we’re going to say it’s compatible with Islam after our ‘fat cats, government officials and ministers’ buy shit ton of Bitcoins so that the wealth distribution in the country won’t change when it gets more valuable”.

One day, people will find out that some ministers or the president himself have been investing in Bitcoin (more likely laundring their bribe money), then Diyanet will declare it the best thing that has ever happened to humanity after Islam. :joy::joy::joy:

8 Likes

This wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest…

5 Likes

As far I am concern the concept of money in islam:

1.have intrinsic value
2.portable
3.divisible
4.no uncertainty
5.stable
6.limited supply
7.accepted by both party in a transaction

I don’t see Fiat do any better than bitcoin

2 Likes

Shout out to my man Peter i love your contents,i am muslim and what i can say that cryptocurrency are more islamique than the fud that they are creating,the principle behind crypto are really islamique friendly! Love You all guys

1 Like

Quite compatible, both make people kill themselves.

1 Like

I am not a muslim. but its not cool to say that!

@flo that is not cool too. you are being brain washed sir.

1 Like

How so? Twenty char.

1 Like

I’ll translate the title only, you can go for google translate for the rest of.
‘‘2 clergyman arrested because of trading Bitcoin.’’ :smiley:

2 Likes

It’s a fucking joke, dude.

2 Likes

💰 YEN · DCTV ·️ Bitcoin Lambo · 10 Days of Bitcoin ·️ CEO's Brainpan 🧠