Tweaked Peters ICON Cost averaging Excel Sheet

So it’s mostly just a visual update, there are a few features I added and changed for example, the current price of ICON auto updates from coinmarketcap.com this can be edited to be changed to any other coin by changing the url which is the cell marked with “[”.
The url for ICON is currently “https://api.coinmarketcap.com/v1/ticker/icon/” changing the end /ticker/icon/ to /ticker/“insertcoin”/ will then auto update to that coin. Though, this system can sometimes go down for a few minutes so you can always just manually insert the price of the preferred coin and have indicated where to do so.

To use the Sheet as is all you need to do is edit anything that is white. which is only a few things such as Weekly investment flat rate in case your investing more or less than the initial $100 I’ve entered.
Also you may need to change the Initial starting date (which will automatically change all other dates to be exactly one week from that day) to whichever day you intend to invest on, which if I remember would be the first Friday of the year. Mine is currently the 01-06-2018 as I live in Australia.
(Note: As I write this I just realized the fact that in the United States at least Months are written before the days and have updated that detail.)

This might be pointless but I was going to do for myself regardless and figured I’d share, I tend to enjoy fixing up all my excel sheets, maybe I have a few useful ones of my own ill add to the pub someday.

Note: To edit and save your own goto: File>Make a Copy… and you will have full permissions over the copy.

Thank you and enjoy

9 Likes

Nice… Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

How can i change the date format to D/M/Y? Cheers

1 Like

Hey no problem, so you’re going to want to highlight all the dates. Then in the top task bar where you can change the font type there will be a button labeled “123”. So 123>More Formats>More Date and Time Formats.
You should be able to find the format you’re looking for.

2 Likes

I did something similar, am wondering if you have an alternative to USD though, I use a different way to get different pairs but your way looks a bit neater.

1 Like

Hey sorry but are you looking to change the USD price of the ICON to lets say AUD? or EUR? or any other currency.

1 Like

precisely, AUD, EUR, GBP…

1 Like

Sure No problem so what youre going to want to do is doubleclick on the Current ICX Value which the formula should currently be =K9+0 just change that to

=K9*GOOGLEFINANCE(“CURRENCY:USDAUD”)

So by editing that fourmula you can change the USD to anything USDBTC USDEUR USD… so on and so forth.

Goodluck Hope I helped.

2 Likes

I did it myself. Thanks.

Much easier to lookup the API

Add ?convert=EUR to the end of the formula

2 Likes

Haha I personally haven’t used that method Thank you for sharing it.

1 Like

Nice work. Have you looked into using the CryptoFinance add-on?

2 Likes

This is a good addon… I use it too and pull the prices for a specific exchange. I also made it autoupdate every minute too since I am also day trading every now and again.

2 Likes

Thank you for that, I actually haven’t come across it yet. I’m sure it’ll save me a lot of trouble. I honestly appreciate it.

2 Likes

Sure, no problem. It’s a good tool.

1 Like

Really good stuff, thanks! :trophy:

2 Likes

💰 YEN · DCTV ·️ Bitcoin Lambo · 10 Days of Bitcoin ·️ CEO's Brainpan 🧠