UFC/Boxing Fans?

Anyone here in the Pub into Boxing or MMA? I usually put out pre fight picks and reviews on my Facebook, but wanted to see if there were any fellow combat sport enthusiast in here?

2 Likes

Like. Jup me, I love watching UFC. I have a subscription to see all the PPVs pretty much.

Favourite fighter Conor McGregor and Chael Sonnen.

Who you like?

6 Likes

Man you are very consistent in your prefernce, haha cocky loud mouth shit talkers who back it up. I like I like, Im big on Nick diaz, Carlos condit, TJ Dillashaw, Cody Gardbrandt, and Tony Ferguson. I like dudes like to scrap. I recently have gained more respect for Conor as his game has gone up. I really enjoyed his fights and his personality when he was coming up. Now a days he plays into the character almost all the time, but he is truly a class apart in the MMA world.

4 Likes

Like.

I love Nick Diaz, Nate Diaz.

Condit is a killer, love that guy as well.

I also love hunt, just because he is just a chill kiwi guy that is a great laugh and takes a punch like no other.

1 Like

Dude, he might be the most video game like fighter in the UFC. I love the highlight reels on youtube of all his one punch walk offs. It’s so G.

1 Like

His fight with Ray Sefo made me an instant fan.

2 Likes

Yo how did you score that GGG fight? I actually predicted Canelo winning by decision. But I gave that fight to GGG 7-5. It was shocking to see how gassed Canelo looked in the last 3 rounds, esp after the first minute mark.

1 Like

Yeah He has been scrapping for decades. He even fought Alistar Overeem, when he was clearly on Steroids… lol

2 Likes

Yup.
Was first a boxing fan during the Mike Tyson era.
Trained only a hint.
Discovered the Gracies and was in awe at what Royce did back in the day and was a HUGE fan.
Discovered, years later Muay Thai.
Had a buddy that began training with me at a class for BJJ and during the same time started with a bit of MT.

Love MMA.
Surprised at how well Womens MMA has gotten also.
Valentina, Jcheck…

Fav fighter?

Dont really have one. The Jones stuff is just depressing.
Not overly impressed with conor. Anderson silva fan.
Mad respect for the Diaz Bros.
Really wish Condit kept fighting.
Love GSP!
Jacare needs a title shot.
Ryan Hall is one of the sickest US BJJ guys ive seen in a while. Big fan of his.

Soo much to talk about and fighters to list…

2 Likes

Rogan gave my crew tickets to UFC one night in Vegas, and I also had Nick Diaz approach me another night, which led to a very amusing exchange over a beer. For some reason he thought we had fought before. lol

I find the industry too saturated and skip most events, however I go out of my way to watch certain fighters, mainly the Diaz brothers and McGregor.

2 Likes

Condit Just asked Sean Shelby of the UFC for a fight in December!

1 Like

Also I was talking with my wife the other day and I can’t think of one other sport where women’s competition and the fan fare is almost as equal for the women as it is for the men. I mean RR gave the 135lbs womens division some major glow. And JJ is straight murking these girls at 115. I dont know if she can be champ at 125lbs.

1 Like

Dude…JJ is straight nasty. What impressed me most is when she fought Jessica Andrade and adjusted during the fight because of the style that Andrade came with.
She then proceeded to out point her. I dont think i had ever seen that in womens mma before. It was brilliant. And Andrade is no joke…that chick is a bulldog.

And I love the way that Valentina fights…and shes really quick with that…i think its a right counter. She popped Nunes a few times with that.
Nunes is also a beast.

They dont fight like “women”…they fight like fighters. Real fighters. And if Ronda ever came back…again, shed get destroyed. I think the game has moved past her. I remember tho, when Liz Carmouche almost chocked her out.

Couldn’t stand rondas attitude at all.

4 Likes

Wow, really?
I thought he was done!
This is great news man!!
I need to look into it!

2 Likes

Lol, you must have felt fucked if he thought you two had fought :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I went to the first UFC in Sweden. I thought I was way up in the area, turns out I was on the floor with the octagon, high fiving fighters like Brian Stan and Max Holloway after their fights while they walked out of the Octagon. Taking pictures with Dana White, Jake Shield and other fighters. My mate and I had a drink in the pub of the arena with some guys, turned out that one of them was the brother of brad picket, so after the fight, brad came up to his brother and his brother said, you gotta meet these guys, so we took a bunch of pictures, had some laughs. (top 10 life time experience for me)

I skipped the second UFC Sweden card, but had VIP access on the third, meeting Gustafson in the octagon before the event, chatting with Forrest Griffin and being in the octagon while some fighters that were on the card that night did warming up.

Typically the cards in Sweden aren’t that great, so I’d love to go to one in Vegas one time.

1 Like

It was such a surreal situation.

I almost ran into him (Diaz) while quickly moving through a sea of slot machines in Vegas (used to live there for work), which resulted in us having a sudden standoff. We both stood there, postured up a bit, both confused. I started to feel this odd sense of familiarity, which quickly turned to panic when I realized who he was. lol

Up until then, I loved watching Nick fight, but didn’t like his attitude. As soon as this confrontation was quickly clarified, he was incredibly nice and easy going. I’m not the fighting type, so I still find it very amusing that he thought we had fought or trained together. :joy:

2 Likes

Hahaha thats a funny story

2 Likes

hey guys. i fight pro in mma, also bjj purple belt and had alot of amateur fights in boxing, kickboxing and wrestling. i also bet mma with good sucess and dont miss single ufc

5 Likes

Holy shit, gustafusson is one of my favorite 205er. And I love how a few months ago right before Jon Jones and D.C. Fought, Alex came out talking shit about JJ. Can’t wait to see him back in the octagon.

2 Likes

💰 YEN · YouTube ·️ YEN.CAMP 🧠