UK Cryptonation

Has anyone tried the “funding Coinbase and transferring to GDAX to purchase BTC without fees” method?

yeah, i wouldnt have the patience to wait that long either. Ive got the Australian wallet/exchange(coinspot) i use linked to my bank account, transfers take minutes. I also use Bittrex, ive never looked at Coinbase.

Also in the UK. Currently sat in my office on campus in Swansea but live nearer Cardiff and frequently travel to London and elsewhere. Certainly interested in any constructive meetups.

You can bank transfer directly into gdax using the slightly different reference code, normally takes 3 to 4 days.

I did not know you could do that! Thanks Kevin!

Whats up everyone.

Im down in Brighton if anyone wants to meetup. Lets try and arrange something.

Peace

London. Hi all…!!

On here from Sunny Glaagow :smiley:

I used to use it but it seems like Coinbase has removed the option to deposit to GBP Wallet.

Hi all I’am from Oxfordshire. I live in Bicester about 1hr away from London and Birmingham. 30 min away from Oxford.
Happy to meet up for coffee and some crypto Talk :wink:

Im in Eastbourne but can get to London, there are a few on meetup for London but would rather have a meetup with Pub members! I’ll keep checking folks, peace.

Hey All,

I was thinking of this very same thing yesterday… How many people from the UK are part of the Crypto Nation?

Good to see there are a few of us!

Would definitley be cool to meet up and share ideas and talk everything Crypto.

Based in London too.

Let’s see what we can do. :sunglasses:

C

Coinbase only really does Euro though they list Sterling. Its pretty fast but you will lose when your bank transfers a little on the sterling to euro exchange. I tried Gemini sterling to dollar but it took 4 days!

Wow, this is amazing! So many UK Cryptonians! I’m going to throw a few dates out there for a meetup and then we can work out which dates suit most people…

Saturday October 14th / Saturday October 21st

Awesome stuff guys! Glad to see this excitement and goal to gather.

Guys…coinfloor is expensive. Check out the comparison (and my sick ms paint skillz yo). These guys are printing money and accumulating a fuck ton of btc. Get on to localbitcoins. If you’re depositing 1g on coinfloor, you’re paying £8.80 deposit fee, and paying a withdrawal fee if you want to cash in. If you have 300 quids worth of bitcoin (0.1 btc) on your local btc account, you can post a trade which gets you even more, currently at 0.1737 for your 500 quid.

You can only get funds into GDAX from coinbase in the UK via a SEPA Euro transfer, cost for me is £8 fee per transfer, so only worth doing if over £250 and you can wait the 2-5 days. I could not get the zero fee thing to work, would not go through, but GDAX has low fees for market buy anyway.

Anyone fancy these dates?

Gotta get out to the UK fo sho! We would have so much fun!

LOL> Too much. I’m a happy dude. Alcohol I hear, just enhances your already inclined tendencies…