WELCOME TO THE CRYPTONATION! - Introduce Yourself!

intro

Ok, Hi to everyone. I’m new to the Bitcoin Pub so be gentle! I’m an old guy, 70ish in OH. I bought a little Bitcoin to buy some altcoins that look promising. As I can I’m getting more Bitcoin in my personal “phase 2” plan. My TO THE MOON goals would be to pay off debts and have a little more for retirement.

I really like the concept of Bitcoin and cryptos, as a decentralized currency. I never understood the concept of money or how confining the present fiat systems are. I did realize the fiat system is rigged but didn’t know there was alternatives. I have to admit I missed the boat when Max Keiser was talking about Bitcoin when it was about 10 cents!

I found out about the Bitcoin Pub watching Peter on DCTV.

Hope I put this reply in the right place.

Love reading about all this, just wish I was 20 years younger.

Gridlock (Name refers to how much of a learning curve I had in getting to this point!!) Hi

Welcome to the pub @Gridlock! There’s a lot of information to gather as this is a growing space, but that’s only half the fun :slight_smile: . Check out the fairly recent 10 days of Bitcoin to help you get started:

1. Basem, I’m an Energy Engineer LinkedIn
  2. Syrian residing in Turkey
  3. Bitcoin 2016 because I always wanted to visit Mars
  4. Live independent
  5. Decentralizing the world excites me a lot
  6. DecentralizedTV

Who are you?
Hey everyone, my name is Anthony. I’m a young scientist who’s semi broke and looking for a way to maybe bolster my financial situation.
Where are you located?
In the greatest of the United States, New York. Downstate. Where you get the GOOD pizza.
What was the first cryptocurrency that you invested in and why?
So far, none. That’s why I’m here I guess. Seems like a friendly place and I’m a total scrub looking to learn.
What are you “TO THE MOON” goals?
Man, I just want to be able to buy a house one day and not have to worry about if an emergency comes up will I be able to afford it.
What are you the most excited about in terms of our growing community?
The fact it seems pretty laid back. Don’t see many places where in the tutorial a unicorn and a capybara get thrown at you.
And, how did you find The Bitcoin Pub (we’d like to know!)?
Googling around looking for invite links to initiativeq. I mean it’s free so I don’t have to buy a mining rig which is crazy expensive.
PS If anyone has a link to that hit me up. I’ll try to be productive and learn so I’m not just a mooch grubbing for invite links.
Thanks for having me everyone, I’m kind of hype to be here.
Now to go hit the gym and afterwards read up some more and do some homework
Cheers!

Yo welcome @basem! Cool career man!

@Rekhyt Glad to have you apart of the pub Anthony! Learning about blockchain before getting into crypto… smart choice :+1: .

@Genesis
Thanks dude. I’m pretty good with research, but a touch less so with computers. I can obviously USE one, but the finer points elude me sometimes.
Some of this is a little overwhelming, ya know?

names jonah

i live in kentucky

i have not invested yet(not in a position to really do so sadly)

live to see people realize that government is a third party,and that crypto will lead to its obsolition.

how you interpret the grow of block chain technology, sense its limitless its going to me very fun to see how you guys think.

i found peters channel "DeCentralizedTV"on youtube after i finally looked up block chain technology when i got bored enough to do so, thought it was all about crypto currencies and got btfo’ed by the information overload.

question now is peter shilling yen.io or hes he just a good businessman?

Peter is good man. That’s all I can tell.

yeah i got that feeling too. but i am gullible for the most part so i got to be paranoid or people can easily take me for a ride,

I wish I know the answer.

“Gullible” new word for me. Yes I’m gullible too.

Hi ya’ll! I am in Alabama and got into the crypto space sometime last Fall before the big run-up. I am part of the Alabama Blockchain Coalition and if anyone can, come out to tonight’s meet-up here: It’s that time of the month again folks! Alabama Blockchain Coalition’s next meeting is here! https://www.meetup.com/Alabama-Blockchain-Coalition-ABC/events/251349645/

I am not a trader, investor, or a current hodler. My interest lies in developing blockchain apps and using projects that I can earn tokens from. I am, for all intents and purposes, an earner. So far, I have used a variety of apps to earn tokens and coins. This year, I would like to earn tokens from a dapp I would build. See you soon @everyone!

Hi all, Greetings from USA. We are a mining hardware supplier. We have industrial mining bundles for crypto enthusiast and hobbyist miners. Feel free to checkout our website :slight_smile:

https://gshenusa.com

Why dont you do your own ICO then ? develop DApp platform with your idea

@I3UTM

Welcome to the pub Michael! Helping the core of the the blockchain community is always welcome. Keep at it!

@Gshenusa

Welcome once again :stuck_out_tongue: .

Hi here! I’m Marcel from Argentina 34 yo
I first invested in BTC back in 2013 while I was working illegally as a gardener… I entered all on my savings (only 120 USD :cry:) on Virwox which was an early online exchange. Had to buy Second life coins (for that awful game that was trending back then) and then used those shit tokens to buy my precious BTC. Managed to buy 1.4 BTC with that amount right while it was peaking. It went up and I could had doubled up right out of the bat but I was caught working and checking preev.com to see how much money I was making.
Then it went back down and I forgot all about it for several years. Placed a part on MtGox and managed to withdraw before the shitstorm.
Started trading back in November 2017 but again I didn’t grasp the rarity of the 19k price surge and again didnt sell any of my coins. Now those are bags but still hodling.
My goals are to hodl this until I can retire (that does not mean it will be when I’m old)
It’s nice to know that the fundamentals that led me here are still right.
I found out about bitcoinpub through decentralized tv on youtube.

See you!

Hi guys! This is just me introducing myself to the cryptonation. Doing the B90X challenge. Wish me luck!

Welcome Michael. B90X program is the best and I wish you perseverance instead of luck!

Hi there, My name is Fiona, aka Ruby_Tuezday from Brisbane, Australia. I chose my crypto handle as an affirmation to be freed from financial worries so that I am able to pursue my creative dreams as a musician and artist. The lyrics to the song which inspired the name says it all - Dont question why she needs to be so free. She just cant be chained to a life where nothing is gained, or nothing is lost, at such a cost.

I`ve been in a huge learning curve after investing in XRP in December 2017 (sigh), however I am still here puting in the hours of research, with the aim of becoming a successful trader. I am looking forward to being a part of this community!

Welcome to the show! Only those who are willing to stick in there, survive!