What is the best indicator settings for a day trader?

Hi everyone!

First of all I wanted to thank @peter for his BX90 videos! It really helped me understand the basics of reading the chart.

Now I have a couple of questions:

1. What’s the best chart view for a day trader? I play around from 1 minute to 4 hours. But is there an optimal settings for this when the market is (a) bearish & (b) volatile?

2. How should I tweak the RSI and MACD settings to suite my needs as a day trader? I tried changing the RSI to 8 and 30 but I’m not really sure what’s the optimal value for for these indicators.

Thank you in advance!

3 Likes

I have been looking into this and interested in the reply’s.
I am using the 30 minute chart mostly and then zooming out to the 4 hour and one day to get a better feel.
I found this on RSI:
Calculation

The RSI is a fairly simple formula, but is difficult to explain without pages of examples. Refer to Wilder’s book for additional calculation information. The basic formula is:
RSI = 100 – [100 / ( 1 + (Average of Upward Price Change / Average of Downward Price Change ) ) ]

Here is a link to an old book but would be good to read I think.

4 Likes

I been trading penny stocks for 18 yrs and crypto 2 yrs. I always use the 15 min MACD that is it…

2 Likes

What are you looking to see in the MACD engineman?
I never really use it for such short time frames, but curious to learn.

1 Like

Taking the overall market sentiment into account, any indicator is as good as the next one. IMHO, any popular mid to long term TA published here and there is just a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Edit: I tend to use MA7-25-50(for short term), MA100 and EMA150(for long term), RSI and MACD.

2 Likes

see this page bitcoin price analysis , may be useful for you

1 Like

💰 YEN · DCTV ·️ Bitcoin Lambo · 10 Days of Bitcoin ·️ CEO's Brainpan 🧠