What to mine after Ethereum's PoS

Most of you already know that Ethereum (ETH) will go to Proof of Stake (PoS) but do you know what you are going to mine after it goes to PoS? If you are using an Nvidia card, you are probably already mining Zcash.

If you do have Nvidia GPUs but you are currently mining ETH, you might want to check this out.

If you have AMD GPUs you may also want to start looking into Zcash mining. I’m not saying to switch over now. I believe we still have a year or two of mining ETH before it goes PoS. However, this is something to keep in mind for future GPU purchases.

Who know…maybe a new coin will emerge and become the most profitable coin to mine! I sure hope so!

3 Likes

How much more profitable are you mining zcash?

2 Likes

Ugh. PoS. Well. Ok :zipper_mouth_face:

1 Like

Somewhere around $0.23/day

1 Like

Looking into this Siacoin hard drive mining. It almost feels like PoS. You need 55,000 SC in your wallet, and allocate space on your hard drive for data storage and use.

2 Likes

Do you consider future price predictions of a coin when you decide what to mine?

3 Likes

What mining pool are you using for zcash?

2 Likes

NiceHash is pretty nice because it automatically mines the most profitable coins for your hardware. The downside is they take a 4% fee if you send it to a wallet thats not on Nicehash. But I think I have been making more than 4% gain in profitability since switching from only dual mining ETH/DCR. One upside is it pays in BTC so if you dont want Sia coin or DCR, it saves time exchanging.

On a side note, I think the DAG for ETH could grow past 4G which would make a lot of the current GPUs unable to mine it. So POS could be a good thing if you still wanted ETH without upgrading your whole mining rig.

3 Likes

ubiq :smiley: We love ubiq.

4 Likes

What’s wrong with this? I heard that if you have a minimum of 10 ETH you can make your stake and begin earning dividends like NEO. That seems pretty attractive to me and a reason for people to increase their holdings to at least 10 ETH.

3 Likes

Ubiq and decred are what I’m looking at mining. With the current profitability of currencies, I might just sell the rig though.

2 Likes

No. You are correct. I just like the “PoS” naming convention… :troll:

4 Likes

Stay away from my zMining :smiley:

2 Likes

Are you currently mining siacoin? we have a 200 TB NAS we attempted to mine with but i utilizes next to nothing. we allocated all 200 TB

2 Likes

I dont, since you can just trade whatever you mine into the coin you think has most longterm growth. although i DO factor in transaction/trading costs to do so

2 Likes

it is a certainty that between epoch 199 and 201 he DAG wont fit on 4 GB cards. the simulations have already been done

3 Likes

HAHA, yeah that’s a pretty bad acronym.

2 Likes

Not yet. So you aren’t really making much with the hard drive mining?

2 Likes

why stay away from Zmining ? for what reason ?

2 Likes

💰 YEN · YouTube ·️ YEN.CAMP 🧠