What would you do if you had Free electricity

If miners didn’t have to pay for electricity by how much would there profit marging
increase.the reason I ask is because I keep thinking of mining but
I hear so much negative reviews about cost.

1 Like

Maybe this can be of some use

1 Like

We typically budget around 30% of our profits go towards electricity during the summer months. The winter months, so far, have proven to be around 20% of our profits. We pay a lower rate for electricity in the winter.

2 Likes

And how much profit would you calculate 6 Antminer S9 would generate or
where can i go do the math on this?

1 Like

Try www.whattomine.com. Do the math for any number of what ever device you want. You can see profits with and with out electricity by putting in 0 for the costs of electricity.

3 Likes

I was about to send that @nekko :slight_smile: But I added the ASIC section to my link http://whattomine.com/asic

2 Likes

the reason I ask is because I live in Dominican Republic and I have location where we don’t pay for electricity I already was using it as A call center but thats a rough business right now
so i have been thinking about mining for like 5 years now and i alway said the investment was too big “aren’t I the Big ASSSSSSS NOW”" DAAAAAAA"""
But better late then never maybe :sunglasses:
so what do you guys think

1 Like

I personally would jump on it especially if I had a decent amount of capital to throw at it at the start.

2 Likes

I got free electricity at work, but I still turn off the lights when I go home, gotta think of the environment :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Which is my next question???
when you say decent capital what are we talking about a 12k investment
or like a 50k investment???

1 Like

I am a lowly commoner on this fine ride. So when I say that I am thinking 10k.

1 Like

good 10K is what was in my head but i didn’t want to sound broke
so i up it 2 k
:rofl::rofl::rofl::joy::joy::smiley::smiley::smile::smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

1 Like

LMAO. I do not have that kind of capital lying around hehe so not worries. I know we have some whales in these threads but do not be ashamed of your financial situation. We are in the right spot to help us all grow both personally and financially. I only have about 5k invested in mining rigs about double if you count the gaming computers but those were built over the last two years.

1 Like

I hope you have a room that you can put these noise buggers in. If you are running a call center, you will have people asking, “What is that loud humming in the background.” Also, these things get hot, don’t forget about ventilation. Plan it all out.

Think of:

1. Electricity
    a. Can my infrastructure handle the additional load?
    b. Do I need to add anymore fuses?
  2. Cooling
    a. How do I keep them cool?
  3. Noise
    a. Where can I put these miners where they will have minimum impact to call center employees?

It’s a little bit more than just plug and play.

1 Like

No i shut down the call center because it wasn’t working out
I have a 25 kva transformer all to my self and im off the grid
and about neighbors & Noise well have you ever been to DR it’s like
Party time 24/7 I’m usually the one saying KEEP THE FKING MUSIC DOWN!!!
also I would have to purchase some AC Units and maybe 4 gauge electoral wire
then i would have to do some youtube videos on setting up the miners

2 Likes

Looks like we are getting to on the right track of thinking. Keep going with all that and think through executions. I’m more than happy to answer any questions you have.

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel and maybe some of what I cover will help you

1 Like

Im watching your video I notice you said you mine for different coins???
why do some pay more

1 Like

Yes. I utilize whattomine.com to determine what coin I will mine. Nicehash is also a great program to use if you don’t want to take the time to change the coins you mine and they pay you in BTC.

1 Like

You are absolutely right, the electricity is pretty expensive when it comes to mining. But that’s not something you can’t fix. My first action was to call reliable and fair priced electricians to replace the whole electrical outlet. Somebody told then that this might be I good idea if want to pay less for electricity. It really depends on the quality of the electrical system in your house. What can I say, that person was half right. It did become cheaper, but not by much. But I don’t regret doing it, because I changed the old system to a new one. So it’s a win anyway.

I would cover my house with garlands.

💰 YEN · YouTube ·️ YEN.CAMP 🧠