What's stopping Currency printers from buying infinite Bitcoin?

So I hear this theory that the government can produce infinite currency. Nothing stops them from making more and more dollar bills out of thin air.

What stops them from printing millions of bills and using it to buy Bitcoin?

Same with Tether.

8 Likes

Good point, US could just horde BTC if they wanted. Although due to the available BTC and hodlers i think that would make the price sky rocket + they wont get as much as they would again due to availability. But sure at this point they could gather quite a bit before its to late (still).
considering how stupid the government officials are i doubt they get it until its to late though.

5 Likes

I am hoping this is educated retail and institutional investors getting in on the next halving cycle gains. It is probably an combination that Fomo, tether/Bitfinex, and Fomo.
In the end I hope it is not just Bitfinex/tether, if it is I am fucked.

2 Likes

Tether has ruined CORE COIN (BTC) please hear me out. Myself, like everyone else has to earn the money they have to invest or convert into another currency. This Bitfinex fraud is only the start of these types of investigations. The risk factor is off the charts with core coin now. Yesterday I sold ALL of my btc at a ridiculousness profit. because of the incoming SHIT storm that is coming to core coins market. This fraud will not go unnoticed by conventional brokerage houses. Core coins hopes have been dashed to pieces in one small truth. IMHO
I will continue on with my awesome life, some what better off because of this trade in btc. #smartmoneyinn

3 Likes

The market already knows that tether is not backed 1:1 and so far the reaction hasn’t been much to talk about. Just like everyone’s money in banks isn’t really there if they all wanted to withdraw at the same time. As long as the market trusts that there isn’t going to be a run on banks the same thing will happen with tether. Every unit of account is essentially backed by nothing other than a belief that it is.

5 Likes

Bitcoin stops currency printers from buying infinite because Bitcoin only offers of itself 21 million coins. The design is stopping currency printers.

2 Likes

The answer to your question is that it doesn’t matter. Why? Because, like the U.S. Dollar, Bitcoin is not based on or back by any other commodity, like gold, for example. Therefore, theoretically, even if the U.S. printed up lots of new dollars to buy bitcoin with, both currencies are based on nothing. As you probably know, Richard Nixon took the U.S. dollar off the gold standard in 1970. As a result, The U.S. dollar represents a given value simply because more people than not agree that it represents value and the U.S. dollar is based on exactly nothing. Aside from the fact that one currency is fiat and the other is digital, the long-term and much more substantial difference between the two is that there will only be 21 million bitcoin that will ever be issue. This becomes a truly startling feature given that there are more than 7 billion people on the planet, but only 21 million bitcoin to ever be issued. There is no opportunity to “create” more, or “print” more bitcoin. That fact alone makes it a much higher probability that it will go up in value over time. Whereas the opposite has been true for the U.S. dollar. Over time, and with more and more people who are intellectually capable of understanding what the true differences are between fiat and digital currencies are the greater the probability that dim questions like yours will no longer inspire FUD and people will realize the long term growth and opportunity cryptocurrencies offer all of humanity instead of drawing from the social media cespool to try to prove or support a bogus question.

4 Likes

If they wanted to then governments could definitely fire up the printers and start gobbling up all the circulating supply. Governments already use printed money to purchase stocks and have real ownership of companies with money printed from thin air.

This is one reason that the stock market went ballistic these past few years. Massive amounts of stock purchasing with printed money and by the companies themselves doing stock buy backs.

If governments decided to start snatching up all the BTC then they could. Its market cap is pretty low. That would probably kill it too. Knowing that most of it is in the hands of governments which it tries to circumvent.

2 Likes

Think of it this way: if a government were intent on buying all the bitcoin, they’d create a massive demand for bitcoin on their own. Each new bitcoin they bought would be more expensive than the last. People would HODL just watching the price go up and up and up. Only when it truly became ridiculous (Maybe tens or hundreds of millions of dollars per coin, would you convince even the most ardent HODLers to sell.
Let’s say your government has the means and they stomach to keep printing the money necessary to make this happen (at enormous cost to the holders of its fiat in terms of massive shocks of hyperinflation which alone may ensure the bitcoins never get fully sold). Once they manage to buy all the coins, they are now worthless, since nearly all of bitcoins value is in its network effect. If one party owns all the coins, they are indeed truly worthless. So a government will ave ruined its fiat money supply and have gained nothing in return. Not a good move.
Add to this that there are a few million coins that can never be gotten because they sit in wallets where the private keys are missing, and you can see that owning all the coins will actually be impossible. At most, one can only own the coins that are currently tradable on the market.
And if this scenario happened, all the enthusiasts would just fork the bitcoin protocol and start over again.

4 Likes

Tether hasn’t ruined BTC or any other coin only the reputation of Tether and Bitfenix. Tether doesn’t change any of the core properties of BTC in the slightest. Also not sure why you are calling it Core Coin that just seems odd.

Sounds like you had way too much invested and were just gambling. Glad you made a profit but the ride up isn’t anywhere near finished.

Lastly now that I re-read your post happy trolling.

6 Likes

Nope not a troll. Real accredited investor here. Normally I would never respond. You insinuated I am trolling…BUuuut. I typed out a real long response to. when I was writing the conclusion I decided to hit delete. because I do not care what you think. So Ya sure I am trolling… leave it at that… I am casting some nefarious hex to cause personal gain. lol . Cheers kid best of luck, ur on the right track

2 Likes

Sure you did sure you did. No actual “accredited investor” would actually say that they were as they would know that it doesn’t mean shit. So keep on trolling young pup.

4 Likes

Why are you calling BTC core coin? It sounds like you’re tea bagging Roger Ver. I am quite sure that your response is to get people to believe that BTC is going to dump because you’re heavily invested in BCH.

BCH has definitely been purchased with tether just like BTC. BCH also has shady bitmain crap attached to it as well. It has for more failure points and shady points than BTC.

Nice try go back to your BCH or BSV fellating

4 Likes

Nope nope nope nope. but anyways put your helmets on. because the sky is falling. You both sound like you are running scared Nekko & CraigMAK.

2 Likes

No longer tracking this thread due to trolling.

4 Likes

If a large economy such as the US was to keep printing money it could not only cause inflation (or worse hyperinflation) but lead to a skyrocketing price in BTC.

2 Likes

No. U.S. printed currency is based on reputation. Is reputation everything, or nothing? Somewhere in between? The USD is based on revolution, blood, sweat, tears, death, human bodies, consensus, democracy, republic, generosity, and military prowess to save the world many times over. Can we put a value or opportunity cost on any of these things? The star bangled banner song? The flag was held up by dead bodies. What is the cost of a life? A life that is willing to give everything of itself in the name of freedom, not only for itself, but others? Many lives? Was the gold more valuable, or human lives? I understand it takes time out of a human life to mine gold, Bitcoin too, and we could compare those times and values, just a quick look shows the price of Bitcoin higher than ounce of Gold.

BTC is based on scarcity, consensus, peer to peer censor-less technology, the cost of the energy used to mine/provide BTC aka burning fuel that someone had to work to find and harness, work of algorithmic computations, which brings us to proof of work in an open immutable ledger. Can we put a value or opportunity cost on any of these things? Seems pretty new, but there is the cost of energy.

USD and BTC are both priceless, IMHO. Of course, I’m biased as a U.S. citizen. Nothing is stopping currency printers from buying “infinite” Bitcoin, except regulations, like I don’t think the printers get to take home pallets full of USD, and design. This is why it is important not to sell BTC. Now, imagine yourself the last “person” on earth holding a Bitcoin, while all of the others are held by “currency printers”. Did they already dump it all, because they don’t like BTC, they undervalued it, and the don’t need any FIAT back from it because they are just printing more? DUN DUN DUN. Or, what if they see the value and like to use it to?

BTC is created by the U.S. intelligence agencies anyways. Their previous slush fund went south during 9/11 when they were being found out, dark factions of the government, they knew they were being found out, so they destroyed the world trade center towers where substantial evidence was being stored, as well as a dark faction of the Navy located in the Pentagon. Big “Inside Job” (that’s the name of a documentary, with another part of the story including derivatives and subprime mortgages, another part of the conspiracy in that real estate is the largest part of the global economy, after derivatives and whatever the fuck kind of money we don’t even know how to call it or keep track of it). Nothing is stopping them, but self interest. The intelligence agencies along with the Navy were willingly infiltrated by former Nazi scientists in “Operation Paperclip”. Sadly, the ideals of genocide and Arian supremacy have continued on since the fall of the Nazi’s in Germany. Numerous former Nazi military and scientists fled to North and South America after WWII. Lots of gold and valuable artifacts went missing. The Nazi’s have continued their agenda of genocide of non Aryans choosing the subtle manner of manufacturing drugs in South America and exporting them to North America. I’m not making this up, it was first a German scientists who synthesized the white powder from leaves, which goes on to make crack. Fast forward a few decades and introduce the Iran Contra Affair. Yeah, Nazis, white supremacists, or maybe just money hungry government, funding covert operations, to kill their own people, to fund a war on drugs, to fund a war against Iran, while making money on both sides. Lesser of two evils? This is why the government says Bitcoin is only for the dark web, because that is how the dark state likes to use it.

I know someone very high up in U.S. Federal Trade. When asked about Cryptocurrencies, the hottest and most repeated word is, “Sandbox”.

Conspiracy? You state “currency printers”, I went narrow, so maybe other countries’ currency printers take a gander about that. Yeah, like the U.S. Intelligence community would allow that. It’s pseudo anonymous, but the U.S. intelligence already knows everybody who has crypto. Play stupid, “fight” smart. As in the past, modern war is economic, until too much stress, or world adoption of BTC. Maybe it will come down to which country can print the most money, the fastest, to buy the most Bitcoin, while right after stating, fuck it, we don’t print money anymore, just use Bitcoin. I would hope they bought enough for their liking at that point, because if not, they wouldn’t be able to print any more money to buy more. Like most revolutions and creations of new currencies, it will be peaceful. sarcasm Or will it be?

2 Likes

Given that you’re at least one taco short of a combination plate, I’ll not be commenting further.

3 Likes

This is why you buy and hodl. Never sell Bitcoin for fiat unless you have to.

3 Likes

When you want to give at least one taco for said combination plate, please comment further.

I’m going to be a real taco guy and inform you that Bitcoin is backed by a commodity, called electricity. Mmm, I love tacos.

2 Likes