Who Is The Real Roger Ver?

Defending Bitcoin and Believing with all his heart

World Championship JuJItsu (Purple belt then, but a Brown belt today)

im not crazy about bitcoin cash but i respect Mr Ver for what he has accomplished.
many people dont know that he was a self made millionaire before he ever got into bitcoin.
yes its true, he bought several btc at under a dollar and he made some wise decisions with it.

i found this on google from a short interview of his in the past…

‘Some people on the Internet try to dismiss me as some fool who got lucky by buying bitcoin early. In reality, I was a semi-retired self-made millionaire, who had built a substantial business long before Bitcoin had ever been invented. When I became the first person in the world to start funding Bitcoin startups, almost all of that money was earned by my previous tech business, not from the price of Bitcoin increasing.’

guys, Hodl that Bitcoin! and follow in the footsteps of Giants and Doge Lords! :+)

ps,
and watch this video with your popcorn and or coffee, Roger comes in at 4:38 at the end

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuH8tdQpWrU

4 Likes

This debate is really amazing:

Roger Ver might have changed your mind, but he also changed his own mind :smiley:

5 Likes

The sad thing is you only see the positive side of him… back at the Mt.Gox event, he is the one that told everyone that MtGox was fine just be patience and few days later MtGox collapsed and I lost all my Bitcoins continue to leave my Bitcoin on the exchange. I could have been a millionaire with the amount of Bitcoins I had, but I take full responsibility for trusted wrong person Roger Ver. Biggest lesson learned in my life.

17 Likes

Thats why I never accumulate on exchanges.
Just transfer small amounts and buy it and send it to my own wallet…

5 Likes

Back in 2011, we had very limited knowledge about security, we just join a mining pool and point to the exchange BTC address to receive the mining rewards. I left my Bitcoins in the exchange and forgot about it for few years. At the time, we thought was just people spreading fud about Mt.Gox, and saw Roger Ver’s video saying it was fine but in fact it wasn’t.

4 Likes

The knowledge was there and known about as the technology hasn’t changed with regards to BTC security. Its just that people didn’t think it would happen because it hadn’t happened yet. I mean being your own bank concept hasn’t changed and understanding that if you do not have said private keys to the bank then you do not have control over those funds.

Please do not take offense as I think this is what you were referring to but the words you used say something different.

1 Like

I meant to say security awareness wasn’t at the level we have today before that MtGox event happened. Also back then you only have full node wallet which was very inconvenient and being the biggest exchange we assumed the security was there but it wasn’t.

3 Likes

Kind of figured but didn’t want to make an assumption.

2 Likes

that is the problem with roger, he actually thinks bitcoin is something because of him and it owes him something. He actually thinks he is btc jesus, shit just went to his head, then they banned him from the bitcoin reddit, and he was like “wtf, they cant ban jesus” since then he has been having a tantrum crying about censorship, because they censored jesus posts… he is just a big baby (convicted felon in the usa as well)

4 Likes

What topic is this in regards too?
What was your original stance?
What is your current stance?
What specifically changed your view point in these video’s?

With out this context there really isn’t a rational discussion only assumptions can be made about the above questions.

2 Likes

it is just spam and propaganda.

1 Like

Lets give him a chance to answer the questions otherwise we are just making assumptions.

2 Likes

this is topic is in the bitcoin list, it belongs in the alt category :slight_smile:

1 Like

hi Nekko,
what changed my mind was when i saw how much more to Mr Ver than most of us know…
we cant judge a book by its cover…
bch has a large market cap, no denying it… he did something right to get as far as he did.
i love bitcoin and if bitcoin will give off free dividends from forks time to time, i just say thank you and use the funds for good use…
also it was a real roller coaster ride for all of us to Test The Real Bitcoin Core, and BCH failed, proving Bitcoin is solid and on the way to the Moon!

1 Like

sorry sir im just an old time newbie around here :+)

1 Like

thank you very much :+)

1 Like

that market cap was created out of thin air due to a fork, it was not earned like almost every other coin.

2 Likes

sir, i am not a spammer! i post information when i think its warranted…

1 Like

You still didn’t answer the questions. Not trying to be nit picky just do not understand the original post.

2 Likes

yes i agree totally! :slight_smile:

1 Like

· YEN · YouTube · 10 Days of Bitcoin ·