Zencash / Equihash mining

All,

I was unaware of this, albeit I should have been but was not, the DTSM miner for Equihash is yeilding about 10%+ sols for the equihash algo.

Please compare your miner programs if multiple are available for your miners. Two of my miners were using EWBF for Zencash and when i switched to DTSM i gained 10% in hashing power.

3 Likes

Was considering mining ZCash with equihash as well. DTSM miner on github?

1 Like

I use SMOS and it is built in which is one of the reasons why I was upset I was unaware of it

1 Like

It’s worth mentioning that it’s included in the BBT MultiMiner. You need to be comfortable editing large .bat files though.

1 Like

Thanks for that. It is the default Nvidia miner in BBT so I never paid attention to it.

1 Like

Nekko do you know if the dev fee in DSTM is configurable?

1 Like

Thats something to ask in the BBT discord channel. I do not know as I leave the dev fee’s at default

1 Like

Ok. I usually leave them alone too, but I like to know the programmed rate. I’ll check over at BBT.

1 Like

Wish I could answer that but I can’t.

2 Likes

Looking into mining zencash, using the Windows gui wallet I see gpu data overlaid.

Any suggestions? What about mining to Bittrex wallet?

2 Likes

That doesn’t have anything to do with the wallet that is some other program having to do with your video card. It looks like an overlay you would use when playing video games that gives FPS core and memory clocks.

2 Likes

You’re right, it was EVGA Precision XOC causing it.
Weird.

1 Like

Not a big fan of the zencash wallet (Windows GUI), seems to be using 20% CPu when its Idle.
Uses quite a bit more updating the blockchain.

1 Like

Yeh it is acting as a full Node to help support the network. Never looked at how much resources my BTC Node uses.

I do not keep the wallet open all the time just when i need to update payouts or send ZenCash to Bittrex

1 Like

Just to keep in the air around here - leaving core wallets open will not only use system resources, but they also use an incredible amount of bandwidth on your internet connection. I left a couple of them open for 3 days a while back, and they used nearly HALF A TERABYTE OF DATA.

I died that day…LOL

1 Like

Thanks for the info. Thought there was something up.

1 Like

Yep that is why I only run the BTC Core wallet. Want to do what I can to support the network.

2 Likes

💰 YEN · YouTube ·️ YEN.CAMP 🧠