Best way to keep track of Crypto Prices? Bitcoin, Ether, Litcoin or Fiat?

TheWudi

Haven’t been investing in many Alt coins because of keep track of Alt coins through exchange rate is such a pain in the butt for me. It seems my mind naturally wants to convert everything to the price of USD.
That makes me wonder. Am I suppose to convert my fiat into a main coin such as Bitcoin, Ether, Lit so I can get use to it?

If u are trading you can usually exchange between pairs like BTC/USDT or ETH//BTC…
Check coinmarketcap they have tools on site…
watch video on here and you tube! Keep learning!
Here in US we are limited to certain exchanges and where to buy cryptos…

I would recommend the Blockfolio app. to keep track of your coins.
But I would also advise to trade in satoshis and not USD

I use Blockfolio (app) + a custom spreadsheet inspired by Peter’s spreadsheet.
My spreadsheet keeps track of current value of coins I own in BTC/USD/NOK (NOK is my local currency) and profits. I update it manually (too often lol) with the current price of the coins I own and the current BTC price. I too understand the value better when I see $ or NOK, so the spreadsheet makes it easy to see things at a glance.
Blockfolio also automatically shows you the fiat value of your holdings and it works very well.

@vortexsurfer I’m doing the exact same thing. Blockfolio and a Google Sheet greatly inspired by one I saw in a video by @peter except I’m too lazy so I thought it would be great if some cells could be updated automagically (i.e. the price of a particular coin).
If there are people interested to do that, it’s easy:
This will give you the BTC/EUR price. Replace the end of the URL by whatever you like : doge-btc, ltc-usd, etc…

I personally use CountMyCrypto (http://www.countmycrypto.com).
You just type in the amount of coins you have in your portfolio and it shows you the current price of all or the individual coin. It’s not that accurate as CryptoCompare Portfolio service (which supports live prices). But if you need some type of a quick reference - that’s the way to go. It’s a mobile friendly and has a nice sync feature. =)

I use this as well. Blockfolio is awesome. I use the jaxx wallet for my crypto wallet and Blockfolio to track my total earnings.

BlockFolio s a great phone app that will track all of your holdings in either bitcoin or US dollars…

it will also track your net profit or losses.

Coinigy is a website that you can link your wallet address to and it can track it as well.

I have an excel spreadsheet i created that links the realtime market prices using the coinmarketcap API’s

a how-to guide is here:

reddit.com
c7fbfd7b9038ac584de26db88b1bc41a6e5eb73a.jpg

How to import coinmarketcap data into Excel and have it automatically update •...

I know there have been posts on how to insert live prices into Google Sheets but I like using Excel so I set it up in there. For those who want...

I have one sheet the has all the live data and prices for my holdings and another sheet that shows what im holding, how much, with a live coin price on 1 minute intervals. and then just basic formulas to track my profits and losses:

image.png1113x186 8.72 KB

image.png1354x533 42.3 KB

Yes, think of BTC as the actually currency worth to HODL forget fiat. One of the biggest brainwashing scams the world has ever seen is with Fiat currency and making people believe its worth so much even with nothing is backing it. Have a great short little cartoon called “the American Dream” that explains it oh so well and very entertaining. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGk5ioEXlIM. Enjoy!

hey Roccatus why do u recommend trading in satoshi instead of USD? do you have your mind set so that the goal of trade is to accumulate most btc instead of usd?

well say if you buy something for 100 satoshis and 100 satoshis is $1 and then BTC goes down you will still see it as a winning trade even tough the coin is still 100 satoshis. Trading in USD is flawed because every crypto exept a few that have a USD exchange is weighted against BTC so its only natural.
and never think about it as I made 10k satoshis this trade its all a procentage game so make trades and calculate your exits in %BTC

Back