Bitcoin Cash vs Bitcoin - what's the forecast

macfish

I’ve been shuffling coins back and forth between piles and still uncertain about the next step.
I know Peter is 100% on BTC and sees BCC as a quick sell.
But what happens if miners swap en-mass to the more profitable BCC and BTC grinds to a halt.
One of Bitcoin’s Biggest Mining Pool, BTC.TOP, begins offering Bitcoin Cash as of Monday.
Source http://www.trustnodes.com/2017/08/19/one-bitcoins-biggest-mining-pool-btc-top-start-mining-bitcoin-cash
At this stage I’m 50% fiat, 20% ETH, 10% BCC, 10% OMG, 5% LTC, 4% PAY and 1% Unobtanium :)

I’m curious as to what Peter thinks as well. The 24hr volume for Bitcoin Cash is ridiculous. Cash is at 150mil compared to BTC at 50mil. I have a small % in it so I will not be too sad If it were to drop, however the chances of that happening now seem questionable. Miners swapping over because of the profitability would seem to affect the market positively. Am I wrong in assuming that?

My thinking is majority of miners are likely to swap to BCC if 110% more profitable.
This means Bitcoin transaction processing becomes even slower.
So users move across to BCC given many already have BCC in their wallet. Perhaps yesterday’s run up was a trial of sorts.
Maybe a larger group will lose trust in the Bitcoin brand and jump to ETH and LTC.
I’m hanging onto some BCC for the short term in case it spikes.
If I’m wrong, I’ll jump back into BTC.

helpful video mybug. Maybe BTC + BCC both hang around - adding value in different ways - and both get replaced over time

I see BCC as just another alt-coin with Bitcoin’s name in it.
one of its major advantage is that it’s given out to all btc owners for free prior to 8/1, that’s all.
which is also a major disadvantage, it didn’t grow up to where it is now, it just poped out of no where.
If BTC forks again on November, the value of BCC would likely to drop dramatically, as forked alt coin depreciates in value as whole, and people’s confidence in BTC would strengthen.

I am holding my Bitcoin Cash. Roger Ver´s vision is interesting and I do believe him.
Anyways, why am I want to pay more and more fees for a service more and more slow? Have no sense.
If Segwit x works fine and fees and speed become better, then BCH is dead.
If Segwit fails, I´m gonna supporte BCH.
PD: I´m also accumulating Unobtanium, what a extraordinary coin!

Made me laugh. It’s a totally ridiculous coin - in a sci-fi geek way - that reminds me of the foolishness of this entire money game - with me chasing a line on a chart to collect silly tokens.
Agree re. the hodl of BCH. Just be ready in case of a corresponding drop in the BTC. My guess only.

Back