New Here - My Goals, Advice on how to reach them?

Trie

Hello, everyone!
I’m here because I realized this weekend that I’ve been missing out on this fantastic opportunity to build wealth. I remember the early days of Bitcoin and how I thought the price in the hundreds of USD was too high. If only I had grabbed some…
Nowadays I have only a small income while I work part-time and go to school part-time. I have an opportunity right now to invest my free time into something like crypto trading and investing. My motivation is to help my family out of this rut of constantly living paycheck to paycheck, with utility bills backed up and sometimes causing shut-offs. So I’m hoping to be able to start making what little money I do have work for me.
I started with 50 USD yesterday and made a bad trade, losing about 5 USD. I decided to store some BTC (.0037) and try to trade with the rest. In a short time I’ve learned a lot about reading the charts and so on from when I made that bad trade, but I’m looking for potential advice as to the best way forward.
I can probably start doing small, consistent purchases as @peter suggests, but they might even be as low as $5 a week (though I can try to go higher at times). The reason I’m interested in trading and potentially day trading is because I don’t know how else I’m going to be able to build up when starting so low.
My tentative plan is to start buying into and holding BTC and potentially one or two other big coins like LTC and ETH. Meanwhile, I would like to start day trading alt coins to build up extra to hold or perhaps make bigger trades with as I get better at it. I am also considering buying hashpower to begin generating coins that way as well.
I am aware of the 1 BTC “ticket to the moon” and I am all for reaching that goal and holding it.
Some specific questions I have include (keep in mind I’m dealing with low amounts):
  • Is it ever safe to withdraw back to USD if needed? Would fees make a big impact here?
  • Is short-term day trading a viable option? Any advice for small trades in particular?
  • How much of my weekly purchases should be stored vs. used for trading?
Thanks for reading, and I look forward to hearing your thoughts!

Thanks so much for sharing. Starting small is fantastic, making a 5$ mistake is better than a 500.00 mistake!
Before you make anymore decisions, put the time into educating yourself and hold off on trying to make money while you learn.
It’s better not to move money in and out, from fiat to crypto back to fiat, but if you need to pay for power, only you can make that call.
You’ll start making money when you upgrade to an optimistic attitude, be the boss of the trades, know the middle names of the developers who want you to invest in their project! Be confident because you’ve done your homework and much luck to you!!!

5_1.png
Bitcoin Beginners & Help [START HERE] - ULTIMATE GUIDE! BEGINNERS & HELP

Welcome to the Cryptonation! We’re so glad you’re here. If you’re BRAND new to crypto, we want to get you up and running as fast as possible. For those interested in a shortlink for this, please use this! - “bit.ly/2BITCOINBEGIN” Fill out your profile. A fully filled out profile allows people to know who YOU are! Also, fill out your location and see if you live near other PUB members here: CryptoNation Map Want to know how? Watch our Welcome video! Need to get going with crypto? No…

Start there. Should be a full days worth!

Thanks for the replies! Peter, I’m not sure how I missed that post but it looks to be filled with all kinds of helpful information. I’ve seen some of the videos already but it’s a clear path to follow, so I appreciate it!

2037_1.png
Trie:

Is it ever safe to withdraw back to USD if needed? Would fees make a big impact here?

safe as safe as any other transaction. fees are always going to impact you. starting the going consensus is never sell your BTC.

2037_1.png
Trie:

Is short-term day trading a viable option?

it can be, but takes time.

2037_1.png
Trie:

Any advice for small trades in particular?

Know your risk reward going in. know where you will exit if it goes south and what your profit targets are.

2037_1.png
Trie:

How much of my weekly purchases should be stored vs. used for trading?

This is a personal preference and what your end goals are.

Back