[WIP] - EPIC Bitcoin Resource List! šŸš€ šŸ’£ šŸ”„

asharp

Welcome to The Bitcoin Pubā€™s EPIC Bitcoin Resource Repository. This list will serve as the go-to list for ALL things Bitcoin! In order to ensure that we have high quality links with the most value for the community, all users can comment in the thread and recommend links. We will then research the links and add them to the list in the proper section. When giving a recommendation, please provide the following information:
  1. Title and link
  2. Brief summary
  3. Tell us why you think the link has value.
Guys we want this to be a list created BY the users and FOR the users! I look forward to seeing what the community comes up with! Once again, PLEASE COMMENT BELOW with ANY recommendations that you feel will add value to the community. In addition, please comment with any problems you see such as links not working, etc.
Shoutout to @gio (and JLopp!) who posted a link in the PUB that included most of these resources! Thanks!
There will also be a contributor list at the bottom of this post listing everyone that contributes.

Getting Started:​

Deep Dive Technical Resources:​

The History of Bitcoin:​

Staying Up-to-date:​

Miscellaneous Bitcoin Stats:​

Buying / Selling Bitcoins:​

Investing In and Trading Bitcoin​

Vendors Accepting Bitcoin:​

Mining:​

Security:​

Online Courses:​

Documentaries:​

Bitcoin Conference Presentations:​

High Quality Blogs:​

Realtime Exchange Data:​

Setting up a Wallet:​

Choose your wallet here (Official Bitcoin.org wallet)
Youā€™ll note that there are a variety of options.
Our wallet recommendations:
Note that it is NOT recommended that Bitcoin newcomers use the Bitcoin Core wallet. The Core wallet is much more resource intensive than other wallets and will not function properly unless it is running constantly on an active Internet connection.

Privacy:​

The Lightning Network:​

Contributors:
@gio
@btc2Dmoon
@chelahmy
@Jenasai
@JollyHobbler
@john
@taha

WOW! Ultra comprehensive. Amazing work. I feel like I need a check list to make sure I go through every link myself!

This will be the very backbone of much of our learning for now and into the very far future! Iā€™m grateful to the community for putting it togetherā€¦ and thanks for @asharp for being a leader here!
Oh, and this definitely earns you the
:doge:
AMAZE Badge!
afds

Wow! This is great - thanks for getting it started and Iā€™ll be sure to send along any additional resources I stumble across.

Far out this is amazing! I had a doc similar to this but this is waaaayyy more comprehensive. My doc had a ā€˜recommended forum: thebitcoin.pubā€™ now Iā€™ll just send people a link to this page and say ā€˜oh yeah I knowā€¦ itā€™s a legit communityā€™. Awesome write up.

Bitcoins the hard way: Using the raw Bitcoin protocol
favicon.ico
righto.com
ibS_PB8fJVTG__AiCwwwbIt-HiWoE0ZvS0bJikAamJo9ohWytKe-m7IgoeM7CC0bab_LBZVy1XL7CkPnAOf4FD9Z-zGanHERLzpvVGD7h_ZxjTI=w1200-h630-p-k-no-nu

Bitcoins the hard way: Using the raw Bitcoin protocol

All the recent media attention on Bitcoin inspired me to learn how Bitcoin really works, right down to the bytes flowing through the netwo...

This guy walks you through in details on how he created a Bitcoin transaction programmatically without the need of a wallet or a node. I repeat, without a node!
You have to be an experienced programmer to appreciate it. Going through the article will give you a clear understanding on how Bitcoin works under the hood. Bitcoin is a beautiful piece of software.

Bitcoin - this one is for the true nerds!

Back