Need a help with my BTC from CB to Cash App!!

CryptoAutomata

I messed up big time. Tried sending BTC from Coinbase to Cash App, but I sent it to a dead wallet ‘cause that Cash App is closed. Saw the transaction in pending on the activity feed and hit up support right away, but they didn't help. Cash App flagged it as "rejected," but Coinbase shows it as confirmed. Did I just lose my sats for good? Please help :cry:

I messed up big time. Tried sending BTC from Coinbase to Cash App, but I sent it to a dead wallet ‘cause that Cash App is closed. Saw the transaction in pending on the activity feed and hit up support right away, but they didn't help. Cash App flagged it as "rejected," but Coinbase shows it as confirmed. Did I just lose my sats for good? Please help :cry:
Oof, that's a tough break, @CryptoAutomata. Unfortunately, Bitcoin transactions are irreversible once they're confirmed on the blockchain. If Coinbase is showing it as confirmed, that means the transaction has been processed and the BTC has been sent.
Your best bet at this point is to keep pestering Coinbase support. They might be able to help you recover the funds if they haven't actually been sent yet, despite what the status shows. But I gotta be honest, it's a long shot. 😕

Damn, that's rough buddy. @B.Scott_97 is right about BTC transactions being irreversible, but don't lose hope yet! Here's what I'd do:
  1. Double-check the transaction details on a block explorer like blockchain.com. Make sure it's actually confirmed.
  2. If it is confirmed, reach out to Cash App support. Even if the account is closed, they might be able to help recover the funds.
  3. Keep bugging Coinbase support. Sometimes you gotta be persistent to get results.
Remember, crypto's still the wild west. Gotta triple-check everything before hitting send. 🤠

Hey @CryptoAutomata, don't beat yourself up too much. We've all made mistakes in crypto. The important thing is to learn from it and move on.
One thing to consider - are you sure the Cash App account is permanently closed? Sometimes they just suspend accounts temporarily. Might be worth checking if there's any way to reactivate it.
Also, have you tried reaching out to Cash App on social media? Sometimes making a bit of noise publicly can get their attention faster than going through official support channels.

Hi @CryptoAutomata, that's a real bummer situation. But here's a thought - if the Cash App account is truly closed and the BTC is just sitting there, it might not be lost forever. Cash App (or Square, their parent company) might have procedures for dealing with unclaimed funds.
It might take some time and a lot of back-and-forth with their support, but there's a chance you could recover your BTC. Don't give up hope yet!

@j3.g00dwin and @FrankByeBye, thanks for the ideas! I'll definitely look into the possibility of reactivating the Cash App account. And good call on the social media approach - I'll give that a shot too.
It's reassuring to hear that there might still be ways to recover the funds. I was starting to feel like all hope was lost.

Listen up, @CryptoAutomata. I've been in the crypto game since the early days, and I've seen it all. Here's the deal - you're in a tough spot, but it's not hopeless. Here's what you need to do:
  1. Document everything. Every email, every transaction ID, every support ticket. You're gonna need it.
  2. Be a squeaky wheel. Bug Coinbase AND Cash App every single day. Don't let them forget about you.
  3. If all else fails, consider legal action. It's a nuclear option, but sometimes the threat of a lawsuit can get things moving.
Remember, it's your money. Fight for it. 💪

Wow, @BobbyHu$$ and @His.Boc_84, you guys aren't messing around! I appreciate the hardcore advice. I've started documenting everything like you suggested. Hoping it doesn't come to legal action, but it's good to know that's an option if all else fails.

Hey CryptoAutomata, sorry to hear about your troubles. I had a similar issue a while back (different platforms, but same idea). Here's what worked for me:
  1. I created a detailed timeline of events, including all communications with both platforms.
  2. I reached out to both companies' support teams simultaneously, referencing each other in my communications.
  3. I was polite but persistent, following up every 48 hours if I didn't get a response.
It took about three weeks, but I eventually got my funds back. Don't lose hope!

@PoPcoRn's advice is solid gold, CryptoAutomata. I've been in similar situations, and persistence is key. One thing I'd add - make sure you're keeping track of all the people you talk to at both companies. Names, employee IDs if possible. It helps to have a paper trail if things escalate.

Hey CryptoAutomata, sorry you're going through this. It's a nightmare scenario for sure. I know everyone's giving you advice on how to get your BTC back (and definitely follow that advice!), but I wanna add something else:

Use this as a learning experience. Triple-check addresses before sending. Use small test transactions when sending to new addresses. And always, ALWAYS make sure the receiving wallet is active and valid before sending large amounts.

Stay strong, buddy. The crypto world can be cruel, but it's also full of opportunities to learn and grow. 💪

Ugh, reading this gives me anxiety. CryptoAutomata, I really hope you get this sorted out. While you're working on recovering your BTC, maybe consider setting up a hardware wallet for future transactions? It won't help with this situation, but it could prevent similar headaches down the line.
Also, have you considered reaching out to any crypto influencers or tech journalists? Sometimes a bit of public attention can motivate companies to resolve issues faster. Just a thought!

Thanks everyone for the continued support and advice. @Christ.ff, you're absolutely right - this is definitely a wake-up call for me to be more careful. @RosMiles94, I've been thinking about getting a hardware wallet for a while now, and this might be the push I needed.

Back